Air Jamaica

Mar 9th, 2000, 03:44 PM
Sheila Miller

Air Jamaica

My husband and I are flying Air Jamaica to St. Lucia in mid-May and wondered if anyone would share their impressions/experiences about this airline?

Mar 9th, 2000, 04:02 PM
Jeff

Flew NYC to St. Lucia two years ago for my honeymoon. The airline was friendly and without complications. There was even a fashion show in the middle with the stewardesses dressed up in Jamaican fashion. We had no problems.

Mar 9th, 2000, 04:43 PM
cara

We flew Air Jamaica from JFK to Jamaica, it was fine, a direct flight,they give you champagne, beer. this was last year I don't know if they did that because it was their anniversary.No problems.

Mar 10th, 2000, 10:47 AM
val

My husband and I have flown Air Jamaica twice in the last two years. During the recent snow storm (1/25/00), Air Jamaica was one of the few flights to leave BWI airport. Their inflight movies leave alot to be desired!

Mar 10th, 2000, 11:46 AM
Leila

We fly Air Jamaica atleast twice a year to Barbados, and never had a bad experience. The flights have always been on time, no lost luggage, good service aboard, the planes seem relatively new, and the complimentary Mimosas are a nice way to start off a vacation! I believe that the owner of the Sandals Resort chains owns this airline. Nothing negative to say about them.

Mar 14th, 2000, 10:52 PM
hhansell

We flew Air Jamaica last month round trip on nonstop flights. The inflight movie was the same coming back as going down. That seemed kind of bogus. The meal service was disorganized on the way down there. Folks directly across from us got their meal 45 minutes before we had to ask the flight attendant for our food. After passing out the headphones an hour earlier, the flight attendants had to be reminded to turn the movie and audio system on. Despite this disorganization, the staff seemed sincere helpful and polite. Our flights left over and hour late both times. I would fly with air jamaica again, but I would not fly with them if I had to make a quick connection to go somewhere else.

Mar 16th, 2000, 06:59 AM
Sheila

Thank you for those informative responses, both the criticisms and the positives. Knowing what to expect makes it easier to both cope and enjoy.