Advice on where to go please!

Search

Search this Thread

Old Jul 1st, 2003, 10:38 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

OK: Boyfriend and I want to go to the Carib. in August, for about 10 days. I want to spend no more than 1200 per person for everything (incl. air).

I want to go somewhere non-touristy (Saba and Jake's in Jamaica seem great), but nonetheless with some restaurants etc.

I don't just want to rent a house far from everything as I don't plan to rent a car. Ideally would stay in a bungalow (or something similar) ON the beach.

Jake's seems great, I'm trying to find deals. Saba also seems great, incl. a place called 'El Momo', but I'm slightly concerned that it's a bit too isolated (if anyone's been there and can advise me that would be great).

For activities: sunbathing, eating (GREAT food) and drinking a LOT, hiking, swimming (NOT shopping, disco-dancing, water sports).

Help please! Never been to the Carib.
Old Jul 1st, 2003, 12:17 PM

MP413, try reposting your message with a topic like "Info needed on Jakes Resort in Jamaica" or something similar. That way others may respond. Sorry, I can't give you any info on Jakes in Treasure Beach as I haven't stayed there. I have always heard good things about it though.
Old Jul 1st, 2003, 12:45 PM
Original Poster

Thanks for the help. The problem is I don't just want info on Jake's or Saba. Those were good suggestions and may work out, but I would like some more suggestions! I did follow your advice and repost, however, so thanks andreaac!
Old Jul 1st, 2003, 01:43 PM

I've been thinking about your situation and two other places came to mind that might suit your needs and your budget. One is Hurricane Cove on Nevis, which is a collection of bungalows, some with private plunge pools, built on the hillside overlooking the beach. You can walk to a couple of restaurants from there (I think Oalie is one) and you can also cook in your own kitchen, which will save you some money. Downfall is that airfare to Nevis or St. Kitts is probably same range as airfare to Saba. Nevis is less toursity, though, which is a plus.

You might also enjoy either Blue Horizons or Twlve degrees North, both of which are on Grenada--they both offer a good value. 12 Degrees is more like a villa set up--you get a full kitchen, but you also get a Grenadian cook at your service for breakfast and lunch. For dinner, you're on your own. Lots of restaurants to choose from in Grenada, too. Blue Horizons is across street from Grand Anse beach, one of the loveliest around, and you get beach privileges at Spice Island resort. Admittedly, this one will put you around more tourists, but the prices are really good at Blue H.

Have fun!
Old Jul 1st, 2003, 02:09 PM
Original Poster

Thanks ejcrowe! You should check out the recent reviews of Jake's (in this same forum)--not very appealing!

Martina