Search

advice on Turks&Caicos

Search this Thread

Old Jan 29th, 2001, 10:50 AM
beth h

advice on Turks&Caicos

Hello, <BR>My husband and I are planning our trip to Turks and Caicos. We want a non-commercial experience without tons of kids and are not into all inclusives. Any advice on where to stay?

Old Feb 13th, 2001, 10:44 AM
addda

Erebus Inn

Old Feb 14th, 2001, 11:03 AM
Anon

Be advised Erebus Inn is not on or near a beach. It its on a hill overlooking a marina. (Turtle Cove) <BR> It's easier to list the places that will be noisy and kid ridden than not. The allegro, and Beaches. Avoid them if you don't want noise, crowds, etc. <BR> <BR>Nice places to stay are Coral Gardens, Point Grace, The Sands, Grace Bay Club, Ocean Club. Coral Gardens has the best snorkel spot.

Old Feb 14th, 2001, 01:40 PM
Eileen

Try Point Grace. A bit more expensive than the others but when you see what you get for your $$ it's worth it.

Old Feb 14th, 2001, 01:45 PM
Margaret

Anon-I am looking for a very quiet section of Grace Bay. Which hotel of the above you mentioned-would you recommend. Point Grace, Coral Gardens or Grace Bay.Thanks

Old Feb 14th, 2001, 01:52 PM
sharona

Hi Beth. Count me in as another happy Point Grace customer. Our "room," the smallest offered, consisted of a king bed bedroom, large bathroom with 2 separate sinks, tub and separate shower, and living room/kitchen combo. The kitchen was small but complete (granite countertops and stainless appliances) and there was also a stackable washer/dryer. There were no children when we were there in November. Management said they do not allow children under 12. (This statement, however, was said with a little hesitation so if it is important to you I would check to make sure.) Everything was of the highest quality and it is on a beautiful stretch of beach. I highly recommend it. Feel free to contact me with questions.

Old Feb 19th, 2001, 02:01 PM
christina

hi, <BR>just spent 8 days in provo, tci and had a wonderful time at Royal West Indies hotel. new, small 3 story property right on the quieter, eastern end of grace bay beach, stunning landscaping, great new restaurant and lovely staff. prices are v reasonable--approx. $200-250 for a oceanfront studio with small kitchen and balcony. We loved it and we are extremely difficult to please...

Old Feb 20th, 2001, 11:58 AM
Linda

Just got back from Turks. Stayed at Ocean Club West, wonderful accomadations and I only saw 2 kids there the whole week. There are millions at the Allegro and Beaches. It is probably just what your looking for. My husband and I were actually a little disappointed that there weren't more "touristy" shopping and nightlife. Its a wonderful place to get away from it all.I highly recommend it!