Reload this Page >

Advice on Sandals Resorts

Search

Search this Thread

Old Jan 4th, 2000, 04:33 AM
Eric

Hi, <BR> <BR>My wife and I wanted to get some advice from other couples concerning Sandals Resorts throughout the Carribean. I would appreciate your feedback. Happy New Year!!!

Old Jan 4th, 2000, 08:53 AM
Mary

Hi Eric: <BR> <BR>My husband and I love Sandals. We have been to Dunn's River in Jamaica and Royal Bahamian in the Bahamas. We are going to Negril in May. Both DR and RB are wonderful resorts. I love the all-inclusive idea. The service and food were great (Dunn's River had better service than RB). <BR> <BR>If you need specific information, please feel free to e-mail me. Thanks.

Old Jan 4th, 2000, 06:20 PM
Rita

My husband and I went to Sandals-Antigua. It was a wonderful place for a vacation. The food, service and atmosphere was wonderful. One negative thing that I could say, was that the alcoholic beverages were extremely watered-down. We went with 6 other couples and we drank all day without feeling a bit relaxed from the alcohol. <BR>While we were there, we rented Jeep's and went sight seeing. The island is beautiful, however there is much poverty. The resort has a guarded gate and security officers are on site to make sure that the natives do not enter the resort. The beaches however are public so you do have the natives asking you to buy their beads, wraps etc. Have a wonderful vacation!

Old Jan 7th, 2000, 04:29 AM
Tammy

We just stayed at the Sandals St Lucia Golf and Spa for our honeymoon in December and we loved it. St lucia is a beautiful island and the resort was great. Food was very good and varied, many bars, tons of activities, huge pools and 3 hot tubs. I've heard this is the nicest of the sandals. I've also spoken to people who stayed at the one in Antigua and they loved it too, although they had heard St Lucias was even nicer.

Old Jan 10th, 2000, 06:45 AM
Anna

My husband and I spent a week last March at Sandal's Halcyon St. Lucia and had a wonderful time. The grounds were beautiful and we liked the overall style of the resort. All of the rooms are either in one or two story bungalow style builidings. The resort seemed to have a more intimate feel than the larger Sandal's St. Lucia.

Old Jan 10th, 2000, 08:46 AM
Leslie

I agree with Anna. We loved Sandals Halcyon. We've been on 2 other vacations since and nothing compares (so far) to our 1 wk honeymoon in St. Lucia. <BR>The food was awesome (& if you opt for one of the 2 st.lucia resorts; you get to dine at both resorts - both had wonderful restaurants - our fav. was The Pier); the service was outstanding (at Halcyon; but the larger ST.LUCIA resort lacked the personal attention and wonderfully friendly staff); the island is drop-dead beautiful and exotic. It is truly a wonderful place to visit. <BR>I have a trip report and will Email it to you now. <BR>Good luck with your decision.

Old Jan 11th, 2000, 05:42 PM
Kim Niezgoda

Hi, Me and my husband stayed at the Sandals Negril last Feb and had the time of our lives. We planned to go back there this Feb. But won a trip to the Bahamas so we are staying at the Royal Bahamian while we are there in Feb. Hope we like it as well, Im sure we will!!!! <BR>I would like to know how other people have liked that resort?

Old Jan 12th, 2000, 12:14 PM
Caz

We stayed at Sandal's Dunns River. Very nice compared to Sandal's Ocho Rios. We went there for dinner and were very disappointed with the grounds and the food. The lobby was dirty and the couches had ants all over them!

Old Jan 27th, 2000, 06:04 PM
kim

returned 1/14/00 free trip from AC/DELCO for my wife and I and another 186 people.nice trip the resort was okay a bit overrated perhaps but very friendly would return with slightly different scheduling of time and activities. e-mail me for specifics

Old Jan 28th, 2000, 07:12 AM
xxxxxx

What resort did you stay at and why would you go at a different time (weather)?

Old Jan 28th, 2000, 07:34 AM
Kim

I did not write that last reply?