Search

Going to PR 10/30

Search this Thread

Old Oct 7th, 2003, 08:53 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Going to PR 10/30

I have just booked a long weekend trip to PR for 10/30 thru 11/2. I am staying at the Intercontinental. Was wondering if anyone has stayed there recently and how was their experience. (i.e. nice beach, nice pool, proximity to night clubs, etc.) Was also wondering if you go through customs to enter/exit PR. We are arriving in PR at 8:00pm and would like to know if we will have time to have a nice dinner Thursday night or will we be stuck in customs for hours like Jamaica, Bahamas. Any moderately priced restaurant suggestions would be nice as well. Thanks
Old Oct 7th, 2003, 09:31 AM
Sunnyboy

Assuming you are arriving from the US you will not have to clear customs or immigrations in PR. The hotel is located only about 5 minutes from the airport so depending on whether or not you are checking luggage you could be at your hotel in plenty of time for dinner. The hotel itself is quite nice, rooms are comfortable, its on a good beach and perfect for a long weekend stay. There are dozens of restaurants from high end steak houses and fine dining to fast food, all within walking distance. Ask the concierge to recommend restaurants that will appeal to you.

Old Oct 7th, 2003, 09:46 AM

We were in the PR airport in July and the wait, about 1 hr., was for our bags to reach the terminal from the plane! Well, its the tropics. Hopefully thing will be speedier for you.
Old Oct 7th, 2003, 10:54 AM

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
No customs but I've also had to wait quite a while for luggage - although never an hour like jacketwatch experienced. I would recommend that you try to just bring a carry-on. If so, an 8:00 arrival should get you to your hotel by 8:30. I think you'll have time for a late dinner. A very good moderately priced restaurant (actually, inexpensive) is the Metropol - which is about a 10 minute walk from the Intercontinental - very good Cuban/PR food, casual seeting. Also, in your hotel there is a good Italian restaurant and a decent japanese restaurant.
Old Oct 7th, 2003, 06:29 PM
Rob

If possible don't check your luggage. If you have to wait for your luggage it is going to delay your arrival at the hotel by at least 45 minutes. Hotel is okay on a good beach with a nice pool area. There is a good restaurant serving local fare across the street from the hotel. It is Mi Casita. It is in a small mall. Good for a full inexpensdive breakfast. Last time I was there the breakfast cost $3. That was in August