A question about "ganja"

Old Jan 23rd, 2001, 04:37 PM
kate

A question about "ganja"

While I've never been there, the pervasiveness of ganja in Jamaica is legendary. Is this unique to Jamaica or something common to other islands? Just curious.

Old Jan 23rd, 2001, 06:33 PM
Kim

It is everywhere in Jamaica, but i would not want to get caught with it being you are from another country. There jails dont look fun to me, so if you plan on doing it you better look over your shoulder first. While we were in Negril a few americans got busted and they are probable still there.HAHA! Im sure other Islands also have it.

Old Jan 24th, 2001, 04:21 AM
Mike

<BR>It's not as open or apparent on most islands as it is on Jamaica, but unfortunately, anywhere there is someone foolish enough to buy, there is someone willing to sell. <BR> <BR>Jamaica is a Rasta island with fertile land, ideal growing conditions. Grass is a mainstay of the Rastafarian religion. That & the fact that so many people visit the island is why you hear so much about it. <BR> <BR> <BR> <BR> <BR> <BR> <BR> <BR> <BR>

Old Jan 24th, 2001, 07:47 AM
Christie

When we were on Antigua, we asked our tour driver about the criminal penalties for posession drugs on Antigua, and he said they are pretty steep. In addition to jail time and a fine, people who are convicted are barred from returning to the island. Therefore, Antigua is pretty drug free!

Old Jan 24th, 2001, 11:21 AM
adventureantigua.com

I have a friend who is serving 9 months for US $10 of weed that he purchased for personal consumption. It was either that or pay US $2000 fine. He didn't have the fine money. You go straight to jail though when you get caught with any amount to await a hearing. <BR>Eli <BR>Antigua