A few words on Bermuda

Oct 7th, 2007, 05:35 PM
Original Poster

A few words on Bermuda

Hi:

Just arrived back from Bermuda. Went down last minute to enjoy the Bermuda Music Festival.

Ended up staying on the Gold Floor of the Fairmount Hamilton Princess. Logistically this worked out great because the Music Fest was being held in the Natl. Sports Center which is located about 5-10 minutes away.

Service and staff at the Princess were terrific. Concierge remembered me and so did the some of the lounge staff. Even though I wasn't able to check in early (due to the large amounts of VIP's arriving & despite President Club Membership) but gave me a chance to do a little shopping for my newborn niece.

After shopping & dodging the rain the afternoon tea was a nice benefit. Showered and changed I jumped on shuttle bus and enjoyed one of the best concert perfomances of the year. Lionel Richie was in excellent form and kept the crowd on it's feet until 1:30am! Free umbrella's from the Minister of Tourism and on time return shuttle service made the travel smooth & painless.
Oct 7th, 2007, 05:43 PM
Original Poster

Wanted to add a few more words.

Blackhorse Tavern, still prepares the best seafood on the island in my humble opinion. Mouth watering stuffed lobster.

Free shuttle worked like a charm to the Sister hotel (Southampton Princess). Chose to skip their beach though and walk thru the gate instead and enjoy the splendour of Horseshoe Beach on the other side. Wonderful, scenic coves, colorful fish and pineapple snow cones! Weather was great and no crowds at all.

Enjoyed the pool and facilities at the Southampton, but preferred the city location in Hamilton.

Everyone I talked to seemed to enjoy the festivities as well as some of the private parties and hopefully next year I can do it again.
Oct 7th, 2007, 07:43 PM

What a wonderful time you seem to have had, nigelsmom. Wish I could have gone, too, but reading your report is the next best thing!
Oct 8th, 2007, 07:23 AM

Thanks for the report. We love Bermuda, and we have talked several times about going to the music festival, just haven't made it yet. Maybe next year!
Oct 8th, 2007, 05:40 PM
Original Poster

Hey Cmcfong & Knowing:

Yeah, actually had a blast. I know it's kind of hard to think that way about the "Very Proper" Hamilton Princess, but alas, this place was jumping!

Fell asleep early on Friday night only to awaken at 2:00am to the sounds of music & laughter, looked out & down the window (had a room overlooking the Harbor & Bar) & sure enough...I was missing/witnessing a "mini fest".

Knowing..u missed a good one! O'Jays, Lionel & Earth Wind & Fire all were sell outs. My fingers are still blisterd from snapping (lololol).

A little dissapointed that Monty's was gone (I liked their breakfast menu), but found a little breakfast nook/lunch buffet next door (Olivers) that was a cheap alternative if you wanted something on the run.

Will wait to see what the lineup is next year for the fest and hope to do it again.

Cheers.
Oct 9th, 2007, 04:12 AM

I thought Monty's had just changed names and was still in operation. What a disappointment. Did you try Aggie's Garden? Very small portions, but great food.
Oct 21st, 2007, 06:38 PM

Monty's has been changed to Bouchee. We were told they still serve breakfast. Same owners, different name.

Search this Thread