4 year old twins and a 2 year old....

Search

Search this Thread

Old Aug 21st, 2009, 06:12 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

We are looking into traveling with our children and since a lot of people suggested turks & caicos we looked into it...it is way too expensive for us. We are flexible with our dates but it is still running into $6000+ for 5 people. Of course that is airfare & an all inclusive place. We are getting the airfare on our own because I may be able to get at least two seats using miles. Would anyone have any other Islands they could suggest that might not be so pricey. We would prefer not traveling with 3 car seats so we are being told that an all inclusive would be best. We're open!! Thanks for any help.
Old Aug 21st, 2009, 07:03 AM

Cozemel, Cancun and Playa del Carmen are good destinations for families on a budget. Both have lots of moderately priced AI and if you are travelling from the US mainland you can find some very reasonable airfares from many major US Gateway cities. You can often find package deals to those locations which include airfare and accomodations at numerous AI resorts on the "usual" travel and airline websites and you'll often see them advertised in the Travel Section of many "major" Sunday newspapers.
Old Aug 22nd, 2009, 09:34 AM

if i'm correct that you don't plan to leave your resort you should look at ai's on dominican republic. punta cana has a good beach.

some ai deals to be found on vacationstogo.com/resorts

re t&c - if you would consider a villa i have suggestions. if you're ok with non ai, lots in your range on provo at the condo style resorts (which all have restaurants). the sands in particular has screened deck/porches, and is quite kid friendly.

where are you traveling from? and when? what do the big people want to do? chill on beach or swing from zip lines. and at night hang with kids or dance or gamble?
Old Aug 23rd, 2009, 04:59 PM

I would also suggest Mexico. Depending on where you are coming from, it may be easier to get to. With 3 kids, a condo is a good idea too. You can always have a kitchen for snacks, breakfast.
Old Aug 25th, 2009, 05:02 AM
Original Poster

Thanks everyone! My husband does not want to go to Mexico, he'd prefer the Caribbean. We are happy not to have an ai but thought it would be easiest. We are traveling from NYC. We'd be thrilled with a condo and have looked into Princess Heights in St Maarten because we were told the walk to the beach is great. This is a r&r family vaca so not looking for any nightlife. Our hopes was Turk & Caicos so any suggestions would be welcome!! Thanks again!