30th Aniversary...

Nov 25th, 2008, 07:19 AM
Original Poster

30th Aniversary...

My wife and I are celebrating 30 years of marriage this February...would like to take her to an extremely romantic resort...not too overly expensive...any suggestions?
Nov 25th, 2008, 07:52 AM
cdw

Rock House in Negril, Jamaica. The food was good as well and not too expensive. Check it out on Trip Advisor.
Dec 1st, 2008, 02:48 PM
TC

Would you mind giving us a bit more information about you and your lovely wife? Define "extremely romantic" to the two of you. What have you done before that was extremely romantic or what places have you read about that sound interesting to you?

Also, a better budget idea would be helpful -- expensive is a relative term.

Do you like to be totally alone? around other couples? beach? diving? adventures? wildlife? couch potatoes? Is great food important? Do you need to go somewhere with easy connections or are you seasoned travelers?

Would love to help. I'm in the midst of planning our 40th anniversary next year and I know how important this is.
Dec 3rd, 2008, 07:14 PM

I agree with the Rock House recommendation. Beautiful views, good food, lively bar scene, and within walking distance of many other cliffside restaurants.However, it's not on the beach, so if that's important to you, I'd check out beachfront rooms at IDLE AWHILE instead.
Dec 5th, 2008, 12:11 PM
cdw

Weadles idea is a good one. In fact, when we went, we spent 5 nights at Coco LaPalm which was just OK and then 3 nights at Rock House which was amazing. We had our teenage daughters with us so Coco was fine, but for an anniv. I would suggest Idle Awile for a few days and then Rock House for a few days. I looked at it while we were there and it was really nice.
Dec 5th, 2008, 01:23 PM
cdw

Also, to clarify...Rock House is not on a beach but the cliffs of Negril. There are rock patio areas with ladders into the water or you can be brave and jump from 3 to 30 feet from the cliff's edge.
Dec 8th, 2008, 02:35 PM

There are some terribly romantic properties in St Lucia. Ladera, Jade Mountain are on the high end,but offer the sexy 3 side only room with clear views of the Piton Mountains. Not quite as expensive is the Windjammer or La Haute. But St Lucia is a gorgeous island that is not to be missed with its beautiful waterfalls, rainforests, beaches, seafood, and very friendly people.
Dec 8th, 2008, 03:32 PM

Similar to The Rockhouse, in Negril is The Caves. My wife and I went for our honeymoon and it was fantastic. Extremely romantic. One night we had a candle light dinner in a cave with the ocean sounds all around us. the website is www.islandoutpost.com
Dec 15th, 2008, 04:07 AM

First congratulations!

Now give us a price range to help. Some suggestions could be $10K some could be $2k, depends on your budget.

If you're looking for an inexpensive idea, may I suggest the Mayan Riviera..Caribbean side of Mexico. Playa del Carmen, Isla Mujeres, XpuHa, Tulum.

Here's one idea...
Airfare to Cancun is <$400 each from midwest.

http://www.suenostulum.com/

For more expensive, how about Turks and Caicos. You will not believe the water.

http://www.gracebayclub.com/

We looked into Negril but found the caves to be more expensive than we desired.

Check out this cliff resort.

www.tensingpen.com

I'm still on the fence about Negril however.

La Luna on Grenada gets my vote if you are talking >$5K.

Ladera St Lucia gets many mixed reviews and not worth the chance of it being a bad experience for you.

Best of luck.

Trish

Search this Thread