Search

25th wedding trip

Search this Thread

Old Jul 19th, 2001, 06:36 AM
John

25th wedding trip

I would like to surprise my wife with a 25th wedding anniversary trip to St. Martin, one of the islands we haven't been to. My wife is alittle uncomfortable with topless beaches. Is this a problem on St. Martin?

Old Jul 19th, 2001, 06:03 PM
Kim

Happy 25th, we just celebrated our at Sandals St.Lucia Golf Resort and had a wonderful time. Happy Travels!

Old Jul 23rd, 2001, 08:27 AM
Joann

Kim, <BR>We are thinking of Sandals St. Lucia Golf Resort. Can you give more details?

Old Jul 23rd, 2001, 10:23 AM
phil

I was in St. Martin in April. Unfortunately, I didn't see any of this topless sun-bathing you referenced. <BR>Remember, even though the Island is 1/2 French, most of the visitors are American. <BR> <BR>BTW, I went to St. Lucia and hated it. St. Martin, while not as green, is a much nicer island. <BR> <BR>If you do go to St. Martin, you might want to make a reservation at Mario's Bistro. Great meal with the nicest staff of any restaurant that I have ever been to. <BR> <BR>

Old Jul 25th, 2001, 10:58 AM
DTOUR

GO TO ST MARTIN,HOOK UP A COUPLE OF DAYS IN ST BARTS IF POSSIBLE.ST BARTS IS VERY NICE.SHELL PROBABLY GIVE YOU THE BEST BLOW JOB YOUVE HAD IN YEARS.VERY ROMANTIC PLACE.

Old Jul 25th, 2001, 11:19 AM
Kim

St.Lucia was wonderful the island itself is very senic. Im really not sure of why the negitive responces, but we loved it. i can send you some pictures of the resort if you like Joann.

Old Jul 25th, 2001, 02:52 PM
phil

Recognizing that people have different tastes, take my answer as a personal opinion. <BR> <BR>I visited St. Lucia at the tail end of a sailing trip. We hit several islands, Barbados, Mustique, and several others in the St. Vincent & The Grenadines group. (I've also been to St. Martin, St. Croix, the Bahamas, and Puerto Rico.) <BR> <BR>I thought Castries was filthy, it has one of the highest unemployment rates in the Caribbean and the people were not all that friendly. I also found it to be overrun by cruise ship types and honeymooners. The "market" was nothing more than tourist crap. <BR> <BR>Other than on the road out to the airport, finding a great beach was a chore. <BR> <BR>In Barbados, by contrast, the people are very friendly, beaches are easily accessible, the Saturday morning food market is authentic, and it is not overrun by cruise ships. <BR> <BR>Bridgetown, by contrast, is a place you could visit and feel safe on most streets. Not true of Castries. <BR> <BR>Again, just my opinion. <BR> <BR>

Old Jul 26th, 2001, 10:26 AM
beenthere

John, <BR> <BR>There is plenty of topless sunbathing in St. Martin, specifically on the Frency side. I can't imagine why your wife would be uncomfortable with it though. But if she is, then stay away from Orient Beach because that is clothing optional. I found that St. Martin can relax even the most rigid of people.