25th Wedding Anniversary

Old Feb 11th, 2011, 12:54 PM
Original Poster

25th Wedding Anniversary

My husband and I have our 25th wedding anniversary comming up this August. We would like to go somewhere during the off season without worring about hurricanes. I did some research and saw that Barbados may be a good choice. However we want all inclusive and if possible all adult. We would also consider another location as long as we don't have to worry about hurricane weather (also we would consider any other off time for the area).
Old Feb 12th, 2011, 04:37 AM

www.almondresorts.com

might be a nice choice for AIs though prefer

St Lucia www.jalousieplantation.com www.jademountain.com

Anywhere south in the leeward antilles will decrease

but not abolish hurricane risk.

Happy Hunting and congrats!
Old Feb 12th, 2011, 05:50 AM
Original Poster

We have been to St Lucia and we really didn't like it, so I don't think we will be going there.
Old Feb 13th, 2011, 05:36 AM

Just purchase travel insurance and try not to worry about hurricanes, and choose where you want to go rather than where you think you should go to try to avoid hurricanes, a 25th Anniversary is very special (by the way, we too are celebrating that milestone this year -- 1986, what a year!) I am going to recommend another island completely because I so love this resort -- check out Galley Bay on Antigua. It's AI and adults-only and very peaceful, relaxing and romantic. Not marble and chandelier glitz, more like Robinson Crusoe laid-back luxury. It's all our all-time favorite resort and we've been to quite a few and the adults only concept is a real advantage because I can't tell you how many times we have left our kids home over the years only to be inundated by others at places where we really didn't think there would be many . . . especially in August which is summer vacation time. Another place we really like . . . Nisbet Plantation Beach Club on Nevis. On our wish list: LaLuna in Grenada. Congratulations!
Old Feb 13th, 2011, 07:59 AM

www.palmislandresortgrenadines.com