Search

25th Anniversary

Search this Thread

Old Oct 31st, 2013, 09:56 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
25th Anniversary

I am so overwhelmed by all of the decisions to make for a trip for our 25th anniversary!! I was looking at Mexico, but I am also looking at the Caribbean. I want to be spoiled a little, an adult only (or an adult only area of the resort), all inclusive, nightly entertainment (not a club scene, we are 46!), romantic, nice walkable beach, maybe jet skis, maybe golf, and our budget is no more than $4,000 including airfare. Some friends have suggested Secrets resorts. I am appreciative of any and all suggestions!!
Old Oct 31st, 2013, 10:38 AM

We need to know where you are flying from since airfare is going to be a major portion of your $4000 budget.
Old Oct 31st, 2013, 10:58 AM
Original Poster

Grand Rapids, Kalamazoo, or Detroit, MI
Old Oct 31st, 2013, 11:21 AM

Look at resorts in the Dominican Republic. There is an adundance of All Inclusives to fit all budgets, access to plenty of golf, usually easy to reach with relativly low airfares plus it is one of the most economical and budget friendly destinations in the Caribbean.

Also look at resorts in Cancun and Playa del Carmen - you'll find plenty of AI's in your budget range.
Old Oct 31st, 2013, 12:32 PM
Original Poster

I forgot to say that we don't want to go to the Dominican Republic because we have done mission work there.
Old Oct 31st, 2013, 04:44 PM

Just returned from PR.Great weather,(Only 1--5 minute downpour) VRBO accom.(outstanding) Old San Juan a walkers delight. Only fly in the ointment(and a tiny one at that) Calle Fontaleza is under construction and sadly for the shops not an inviting stroll. but there are other delights..Oops..not your ball of wax wishes..Sorry but we had a wonderful time. If interested El Convento in PR..excellent,many others outside of Old San Juan with plans.// Cayman Islands, (Westin good,Villas of Galleon great but apts, Ritz..skip as hotel is across the road from 7 mile beach. Best wishes for 25...