Search

2 islands, Grand Cayman & Puerto Vallarta

Search this Thread

Old Mar 24th, 2006, 01:43 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2 islands, Grand Cayman & Puerto Vallarta

I'm wondering on a couple of areas...

1) How are the beaches on Grand cayman islands? Have they recovered from the hurricanes?

2) Has anyone stayed at the Marriott in Puerto Vallarta? Is it a new updated clean hotel with lots of ammenities? How about the pool areas and beach? Is it a good place for kids, ages 6 and 11?
Old Mar 30th, 2006, 03:10 PM

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts
Casa Magna Marriott in Puerto Vallarta is a lovely hotel. Yes it is updated and clean. Pool area is spacious. Beach is narrow (as are all the beaches around this part of the Bay). I'm guessing kids would love it.
Old Mar 30th, 2006, 07:23 PM
anonxx

The beaches on Grand Cayman are beautiful, and recovered from the hurricane. We have been there twice since Ivan.

Old Mar 30th, 2006, 07:24 PM

Cayman beaches are awesome!! Some of the best I've seen! Full recovery for the beaches I was there last May and it was my first visit. Almost everything seemed up and running. Tons of restaurants open! A lot of the locals were saying that the island was recovering nicely. Still some vegetation damage and houses as well, but most everything in the 7 Mile Beach area was open and great! I'm sure even better now! Tons of cruise ships though. I've been to Puerto Vallarta and while I enjoyed it -the beaches can't even compare to Cayman. The only places in Mexico that I could try to compare beaches to Cayman are Cancun, Cozumel, Playa del Carmen. Areas around the Gulf. They all have white sand and turquoise water. Places like PV and Cabo are great places, but the beaches aren't as nice(at least compared to those mentioned above).

I hope to return to Cayman again soon - I really enjoyed the island and the locals were so friendly. I'm going to try Turks and Caicos in May and see how the beaches compare. I'm very excited!

I'm sure you'll have fun no matter where you go! Good luck!
Old Mar 31st, 2006, 07:27 PM

They beaches in GC were beautiful three months after the hurricane, so I'm sure they are glorious now. They sifted all the sand before they put it back on the beaches. Smith's Cove was just heavenly.