2 hour transfer in MI from Curacao enough time?

Apr 22nd, 2019, 11:06 AM
Original Poster

2 hour transfer in MI from Curacao enough time?

Hi all,

My friends and I are planning a trip from DC - Curacao. We need to switch planes in Miami both ways. On the way back from Curacao, the flight we're looking at would only give us two hours after landing in Miami before we need to get on our connecting flight back to DC. Since I think we'll need to go through customs in Miami, wanted to check with some of the more seasoned travelers to see if you think this will give us enough time? We're really hoping to take this flight because our other option would force us to miss out on a whole vacation day.

So basically, question is: is two hours enough time to get off a plane (from Curacao), go through customs, and board another plane (to DC) at the Miami airport?

Thanks in advance for any advice!
Apr 22nd, 2019, 12:10 PM

In a word, yes. We routinely make "international" connections in Miami with about 90 minutes so 2 hours should work fine. Miami can be a zoo so if you have Global Entry that will speed things up. If not, you should be able to use one of the n ew Automated Kiosks (similar to the Global Entry kiosks. Also, if you download the new Mobile Passport App you can even bypass those and use your smartphone to clear Immigration. Clearing Customs is usually a breeze since they now have a "Nothing to Declare" lane where you can just stroll out the door.
Apr 22nd, 2019, 12:13 PM
Original Poster

Really helpful information, RoamsAround - thank you!