Search

1st time to T&C

Search this Thread

Old Dec 28th, 2004, 05:32 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
1st time to T&C

Hi there!!
My husband, mother and I are going to the T&C on the 30th of Dec. for 12 days. We are staying at different hotels before we set out on a chartered 8 day sail around the islands. We are then staying again on the main island. Our hotels are Caribbean Paridise Inn and Sibonne. Does anyone know anything about them? They were the only places we could get a room for the 30th and the 31st. What should we do with our time on the island - 4 days? Anything that is a "not to miss". Any good restaraunts in the vicinity of the hotels or should we venture further out? And with our sail, any wonderful spots that are only reachable by boat? I appreciate any and all advice.
Old Dec 28th, 2004, 09:33 PM

The only thing I would tell you not to miss is the coral reef that is within walking distance from Sibonne. It's right in front of the Coral Gardens hotel. Find yourself a snorkel mask and check out the reef.

There is a conch farm on the island that probably is interesting to see. One of these years I'm going to take time to go there.

I hope you enjoy the beach because T&C really does not have much else to do. That's what we like about the island.
Old Dec 29th, 2004, 05:32 AM
Original Poster

Thanks for the info. We like relaxing islands and they love snorking. I do too, but have just come back from the Dr. who said my ear infection will make snorkling a no-no. That's OK though, I thought she was going to say the trip was a no-no!! I guess I'll just have to lay around on the beach. Any food recomendations? Have you been to the other islands or just Grand Turk?
Old Dec 29th, 2004, 02:43 PM

We enjoyed eating at Coco Bistro, the restruant at Coral Gardens and their beach cafe for breakfast and lunch, Tiki Hut had the best BBQ ribs.
Old Dec 30th, 2004, 05:48 PM

Yes, we have also been to the Bahamas...Cable Beach in Nassau (3 times), and once to Paradise Island. We have been to T&C 3 times now, and it is by far our favorite. The beach is wonderful, and the crowds have not found the island yet (but I'm very afraid they will be there soon).

By the way, the island that we've been to is Provo, not Grand Turk. I also believe you will be on Provo while at Sibonne, I know there is a Sibonne on Provo (Grace Bay to be exact). I don't know anything about Grand Turk, maybe Sibonne is there too.

We have only stayed at all-inclusive resorts on Provo, so I am no help when it comes to restaurants. Sorry.

As for you ear...I would think if you wore ear plugs, like olympic swimmers wear, you could still snorkel. Just a thought.
Old Jan 2nd, 2005, 05:01 AM

Another ear thought....
In addition to using the ear plugs, you could also try a head band to cover the ear, keeping the plug in place. The water is quite calm. Mention to your doctor that you would not be diving down deep, just bobbing just under the surface of the warm water. That may change your doctor's order. My son has had ear complications and these have been his doctor's suggestions.