Search

yyz

Search this Thread

Old Aug 8th, 2006, 01:38 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
yyz

Hi

Im reading bad things about connecting through Toronto. We will be have a two hour connection time in Toronto, flying out of Pittsburgh, then on to Paris.

We will not have checked bags. The days are right for us, but now I am worried about the connection time. Any input would be appreciated.
Old Aug 8th, 2006, 02:11 PM

I think 2 hours will be enough. I had that experience last summer. I do not know if the new terminal is completed.

Last September, we had to ride from one terminal building to the next and then when we got to the "gate" at the "export" terminal, it was another bus!!

Fortunately I had allowed 4 hours and we sat around quite a bit waiting. My original schedule allowed me 1 hour for connect time, and I decided that that would be too little time and changed my schedule to an earlier departure out of Calgary. I doubt if 1 hour would have done it because you go through passport control before boarding.

Old Aug 8th, 2006, 02:26 PM

24-Hour Bookings for Lake O'Hara

Parks Canada reserves six day use places and three to five campsites for 24-hour bookings. These places are reservable by telephone only. They can be booked by contacting 250.343.6433 the day before you wish to visit O’Hara. Each individual may reserve either two day-use places, or one campsite. These are usually filled within 10 minutes of the office opening.
Old Aug 8th, 2006, 02:26 PM

oops wrong thread.
Old Aug 8th, 2006, 03:12 PM

Two hours should be enough. I assume that you are not using a split ticket, but that the whole itinerary is on a single ticket.

If you are flying on Air Canada or United, you will arrive at Terminal 2, where you must clear Canadian Customs and Immigration. You then proceed to Terminal 1.

If you are lucky, your flight to Paris will depart from Terminal 1. HOwever until construction of Terminal 1 is completed next year, some international flights leave from the so-called mid-field terminal, for which you have to take a bus from Terminal 1.

If, however, you are travelling on any other carriers, for example US Air and Air France, then you will arrive and depart through Terminal 3.

Some of these combinations will take less time, but all in all, two hours should be enough.
Old Aug 8th, 2006, 06:38 PM

New gates have opened at T1 this year so the infield terminal is not being used very much (0 out of 4 departures/arrivals for me this year). With any luck this means only one bus ride.