Search

Yorkville Hotel

Search this Thread

Old Oct 11th, 2000, 12:26 PM
Monica

Yorkville Hotel

My husband and I (mid-30's) are looking for a hotel in the Yorkville area. Any recommendations?

Old Oct 11th, 2000, 12:40 PM
elizabeth

Hi Monica - <BR> <BR>There are lots of great choices: <BR> <BR>Four Seasons - Avenue Road and Bloor - lovely, and priced like all Four Seasons <BR> <BR>Park Hyatt - Avenue Road and Bloor - probably not much less than the 4 Seasons <BR> <BR>Hotel Intercontinental - right next to the Park Hyatt - friends of mine always stay there and love it - maybe a little less than Park Hyatt/4 Seasons <BR> <BR>Windsor Arms Hotel - Off Bloor street just a little east of Avenue Road - smaller hotel than the above; recently reopened and quite lovely <BR> <BR>Slightly east of all of the above is a hotel at Yonge and Bloor (I'll have to check the name and get back to you). I think it's a Marriott or Ramada (it's changed flags a few times) and is likely less expensive - but still in Yorkville. <BR> <BR>So it really depends on how much you want to spend....... <BR>

Old Oct 12th, 2000, 05:59 PM
Sherri

For something maybe a little more cost <BR>effective , try Howard Johnson (previously Venture Inn) on Avenue Rd.

Old Oct 14th, 2000, 06:58 PM
Patrick

Windsor Arms sounds nice, but STARTING at $425 a night. Yikes!! More than the Four Seasons. The one at the corner --east -- is a Marriott, by the way. Like many Marriotts, there are always lots of "deals". I'm looking too, for next summer. Right now that seems the best option as far as I am concerned.

Old Oct 20th, 2000, 04:51 AM
Chuckie

I know this isn't in Yorkville, but if you want another idea, try the Novotel close to the harbour. We stayed there and it was very nice, good location, and the price was very attractive (around $80 US per night double). Close to the farmers market, great pubs just across street, short walk to harbour front, CN Tower, etc. Not short walk to Yorkville, but we had car so that was no problem. Have fun, Toronto is one great city.

Old Oct 23rd, 2000, 07:18 AM
Anna Portoraro

Your best bet would be the Howard Johnson Yorkville; rooms are comfortable but not luxurious but the best thing is the price -- there's no other hotel with such a great location at that price; I believe breakfast is included as well; if you'll be out most of the day and just need a decent place to sleep, I would really recommend it.