Windsor & Kitchener Hotels

May 14th, 2002, 06:21 PM
Judy

Windsor & Kitchener Hotels

For a trip in July, we want to book either the Hilton or Radisson Hotel in Windsor, Ontario.

As a separate part of the trip, we are also considering either the Holiday Inn Kitchener or the Waterloo Inn & Conference Centre.

We want a really great room, indoor pool and restaurant. Does anyone have an opinion on any of these 4 hotels.

May 18th, 2002, 10:41 AM
Beth

Hi,
The two hotels you mentioned for K-W are at opposite ends of the city. I've stayed at both, though I visited the Holiday Inn ten years ago now. (Ouch!)It was nice and vying for rank at the time. It was under renovations then. Pleasant little piano bar. Close to the mall if that counts for anything. Can't say for lately though.
I can recommend The Waterloo Inn.
Very nice. I have stayed there often. Last spring they were just finishing their renovations, funny that. Nice rooms, staff and pool area. It's right off the main drag, King St. which runs from Waterloo to Kitchener.
Enjoy!

May 18th, 2002, 05:52 PM
Paul

I can cover the Windsor question for you. The Hilton and Ridisson are actually hooked together. I stay at the Hilton quite regularly and only stayed at the Radisson once. The Hilton does show it's age in the hallways, but the rooms are clean and resonably well-appointed. If you spring for a full riverview room, the view of the Detroit skyline at night is fantastic. Your other option is partial riverview, which is fine. The food is really good in the restaurant and pub, and it has an indoor pool. The Radisson may have been improved since I last stayed there, but due to my last experience I won't stay there again. The room was in disrepair and did not seem to be well maintained. That is just my experience. Some of my co-workers continue to book there occasionally. Keep in mind, for both hotels parking is extra and you either have the option of valet parking or park yourself at the parking garage behind the hotels.

May 19th, 2002, 06:12 AM
Judy

Thanks to both for your replies. We have booked a king suite at the Four Points in London, a full one bedroom suite at the Hilton in Windsor, and a king leisure room at the Holiday Inn Kitchener for 2 nights each in July. We have a child and wanted a large room.
Looking forward to the view at the Hilton. And will try the hotel restaurant.

May 19th, 2002, 06:14 AM
Judy

Forgot to mention the trip in July is to tour the wineries of Lake Erie North Shore and Pelee Island. Thanks again.

May 20th, 2002, 08:27 AM
Paul

Judy, the Hilton in Windsor is within walking distance to numerous restaurants downtown, many appropriate for children. While the hotel restaurants are good, the Windsor dining scene is underrated. Just ask the concierge for some reccomentdations. The Four Points is a great hotel with a recent large scale refurbishment, and newer rooms added. There are plenty of dining options available in this area also, which is just off of Hwy 401.