Reload this Page >

Whistler Condo - The Aspens?

Search

Search this Thread

Old Oct 23rd, 2000, 07:01 AM
Gerda

Four of us (two adults, two teenage boys) are planning a week in Whistler next July. We need a two bedroom unit, preferably with access to a pool. We want also to be near or in the Village, but fairly quiet and with a view. <BR>Looking through the various sites, it looks as though The Aspens might fit the bill. <BR>Does anyone have any opinions or alternatives? Perhaps someone has stayed in Whistler this summer and has some ideas for us. Any info would be gratefully received! <BR>

Old Oct 31st, 2000, 03:10 AM
dan

I've stayed in Whistler in the summer a few times. I really like Whistler because it's so relaxing. <BR> <BR>I find the Sheraton Suites to be very nice. They have a few lodges in the village that are very comfortable--kitchens and all. Book on the third floor with a view. I believe there are two bedroom suites, however there are one bedroom suites as well (roll out sofa in the living room). Or you can book a one bedroom and a just a single room. <BR> <BR>The Canadian dollar is considerably cheaper than the US making this a great place to visit. Furthermore, Vancouver(2 hrs from Whistler) is considered one of the most beautiful cities in the world. And that's another reason for visiting Whistler. <BR> <BR>Things to do in Whistler (summer) <BR> <BR>Golfing (Jack Nicholas has a course here) <BR> <BR>Mountain biking <BR> <BR>river rafting <BR> <BR>and other activities. <BR> <BR>PS: Try the blueberries available at the local supermarket in the village. These blueberries are the best I've ever tried. <BR> <BR>Also, the Sheraton Suites have a pool and sauna--just to let you know.

Old Mar 24th, 2001, 11:02 AM
A.M.

The Aspens is a great place to stay. <BR>www.aspensonblackcomb.com has good rates. <BR>enjoy!

Old Mar 30th, 2001, 10:31 AM
Deanna

The Aspens are OK. I believe they are on/near Blackcomb slope with not a bad walk to the village. <BR>If your vacation is during the first week in July, we actually have a unit we would like to rent. In is in the Powders' Edge Complex which is at the back of The Delta Hotel and overlooking one of the Whislter Village plazas. You can use the pool, workout room, etc. of the Delta Hotel. Our unit is a deluxe one. <BR>Contact me if you are interested.

Old Mar 30th, 2001, 08:01 PM
Bonnie

If you have a choice between the Blackcomb area and the Whistler Village area definitely take the Whistler Village area. There is a difference. Have you looked at the Delta Whistler Village Suites hotel (not to be confused with the other Delta Whistler Resort. We stayed with our teenagers in the Village Suites Delta and the accomodations were amazing. Living Room area, separate bedroom, full kitchen,it was great and so central. It had a balcony, I believe. Don't worry about the view...the view is everywhere! <BR>