Reload this Page >

Help With Whistler

Search

Help With Whistler

Search this Thread

Old Mar 7th, 2001, 04:33 PM
Clousie

Help With Whistler

Please help. We're heading to Whistler for 4 days in July, and I'm a bit overwhelmed by the choices of places to stay. <BR> <BR>We'd like to get a condo that has cooking facilities, and have info about some of the places. <BR> <BR>My question is, how crowded and noisy is it in the village? Is it better to stay in the village anyway to have better access to the area? We plan to spend our days out hiking, and aren't into the nightlife. Just want a comfortable place to relax and maybe swim. <BR> <BR>Any suggestions would be appreciated. <BR> <BR>

Old Mar 7th, 2001, 05:47 PM
sheri

For a summertime visit, where you're not so concerned about being in walking distance from the lifts, I'd suggest staying in a place that's *near* but not *in* the village (Snowy Creek would be one example of a complex that's near but not in, although it doesn't have a pool. There are other complexes that do). I'd still want to be within walking distance of the village for restaurants, etc. But staying right *in* the village, you are likely to have noise from the pedestrian walkways drifting up to your room, and also possibly loud music from the bars.

Old Mar 8th, 2001, 02:21 PM
JoAnne

We are planning to go to Whistler in August? Since it's known for it's skiing, what is there to do here in the summer time? Hiking only?

Old Mar 10th, 2001, 09:04 AM
CanadianAl

Whistler in the summer is even better than Whistler in the winter.The best condo development to stay in close to the village that is quiet would be North Star, or SunPath , both have pools...go to www.whistlertourism.com for rental companies that book condos. or tey allura on the web .they also book holidays. Whsitler in the summer offers biking, lake activities, skiing, hiking, paragliding ,and just about any other summer activity you can ask for, and the village always has something happening...street entertainers, music, etc., plus some incredible restaurants...come and enjoy!!

Old Mar 28th, 2001, 05:37 PM
canadianne

Actually the village and Blackcomb are so close, it doesn't matter which area. Blackcomb area (where the Chateau Whistler is) is an easy walk to swimming lakes, at the bottom of the mountain they have a childrens' area set up in summer and lift access to Glacier skiing. Whistler Creekside is the only area that has less access in summer. <BR>On Blackcomb we have stayed at the Aspens. 1 and 2 bedroom lovely condos,overlookig slope with pool, 2 hot tubs, exercise room,(not needed in Whistler) and (bike,skate etc.) rentals in building. www.aspensonblackcomb.com We really like this condo for both winter and summer. Stay there every year.

Old Mar 30th, 2001, 10:11 AM
Deanna

I was looking up information about Toronto and found your question. We live in Seattle and own timeshare units in Whistler --- 2 are in the winter and 2 are in the summer. We love Whistler any time of year. My family also golf and there is plenty of that. Our July 1-8 condo is in Powders' Edge, at the back of the Delta and facing one of the Village plazas. Noise has never been a problem for us in our unit. Whistler does have a noise ordinance and there is a phone number you can call any time day or night if noise is a problem. <BR>(By the way, we would like to rent our Powders' Edge unit out this year. It's a deluxe unit. If interested, please contact me. Thanks.) [email protected]

Old Mar 30th, 2001, 08:08 PM
Bonnie

As I suggested to another poster, check out the Delta Whistler Village Suites. Central location, living room/kitchen/dining area/ separate bedroom, and can be connected to another unit for a family.