Search this Thread

Old Sep 19th, 2006, 02:02 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Where or Where is Whistler Al?

I miss him.
Old Sep 19th, 2006, 09:06 PM

Whistler is forever transient as are the people who live there.

Last year when property values there first started to rocket a lot of people sold out/moved on-maybe he was one.
Old Sep 20th, 2006, 12:06 PM
Original Poster

I am surprised to hear that. He lived there for a very long time and loved the area. He was a marvelous resource to me when I was researching my trip.

Thanks.
Old Sep 24th, 2006, 06:32 AM

I don't think he's left Whistler; he still has several listings on the site of the Whistler real estate company he works with. And he's still listed as one of their agents.
Old Sep 24th, 2006, 07:02 AM
Original Poster

Thanks, BTilke. I had worried about him. He had posted a moving story about the passing of his beloved dog and acquiring a new pup, then silence. I am glad he is still around, even if not posting here.
Old Aug 28th, 2007, 04:41 PM

ttt for cmcfong, just in case there is any new news.
Old Aug 28th, 2007, 05:14 PM
Original Poster

Thanks, kodi. He was such a great guy.
Old Aug 30th, 2007, 08:35 AM

Well, first I have to say it is nice to be missed!! Thank you for your concern, and kind words. I am definitely still in Whistler. I just decided to take a self imposed hiatus from the internet , and focus on training my new pup, and in the process try to get into shape. (something I wasn't doing, sitting in front of my computer.)and I'm happy to report that I have lost 25 lbs, and have a well trained dog too.
I would pop in occasionally to lurk, but there weren't alot of enquiries on Whistler, at least none that couldn't be answered by searching previous posts, so I stayed away as long as I could. But, with ski season approaching, and the Olympics only 3 short years away, I am now back and happy to answer any questions about our little resort in the mountains.
CMC, are you planning another trip up here this year? Thank you for your concern. You'll be interested to hear that the Edgewater Lodge is up for sale. No buyers yet, but I wouldn't be surprised to see someone buy it as a private estate.
The real estate market here has started moving upward after a few slow years. It had been so volatile leading up to the Olympic announcement ,that the prices just got too high, and buyers backed off. Now , with the highway 50% completed, and the Olympics nearing, the buyers are back, and I am busier than ever.
I still have time for golf, and my boxer, Asia, who has decided that she likes to pretend that she is a Karelian Bear dog, and has confronted several bears on our hikes. So far, she hasn't had one stay to fight,which is a good thing, but she has been pushing her luck a bit, and I wouldn't want to see the results of a direct conflict.
Whistler is busy getting ready for the big show, with most buildings undergoing major upgrades, and lots of genral sprucing up happening. There is also the new Peak to Peak gondola under constuction. The towers will be up this fall, and the gondola will be running for the 2008 winter season. This is going to be a major draw, and should be an incredible tourist experience. It will go from the Roundhouse on Whistler to the Rendevous on Blackcomb.You can read all about it at www.whistlerblackcomb.com
I have to get to the first tee, so that's it for now, but I am here to answer any questions about Whistler from now through the Olympics. mmmmm, it feels good to be back. Cheers, Al
Old Aug 30th, 2007, 04:54 PM
Original Poster

Well, bless my soul, am I glad to see this. Al, you were such a helpful presence and I missed you so much. Thank you, Kodi, for renewing my inquiry. Glad to see you are well and fit and enjoying the company of a very lucky boxer. Welcome home, Al.
Old Aug 31st, 2007, 08:10 AM

WhistlerAL,

I am thinking of a honeymoon in Whistler in April. Can you give me a rundown on what the weather is like, best places to stay and must see and do's. I would really appreciate it.
kleach40