What makes BECKER'S so special?

Search

Search this Thread

Old Apr 18th, 2004, 05:18 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

There have been some questions about BECKER'S. So many posters indicate that this is "the place" to stay. I have looked at the web site. I am wondering what makes it SO SPECIAL?
Old Apr 18th, 2004, 06:19 PM

You know, I have asked myself that same question. Jasper House Bungalows is a similar establishment and I found it very comfortable for a cabin with a kitchen and sitting area.
I think Beckers is a nice place, very nice in fact. But the praise it gets on this board elevates it to sainthood among cabins.
Jasper has more than one good place.

One aspect of Beckers is that the people who run the place do a very good job of it. That does make a difference!!
Old Apr 18th, 2004, 06:37 PM
Original Poster

Are you saying then, that it is the people who run BECKER'S that make it what it is? I am going that way the end of May and I am wondering if this is THE PLACE to stay.
Are the cabins adn/or scenery extra special there? Please tell ALL!
Old Apr 18th, 2004, 08:47 PM

Having stayed at various establishments in Jasper (including Jasper Park Lodge, the Fairmont hotel in the area), I still like Becker's best.
It's not that other places are terrible or even mediocre (some of them are actually very nice).
And it isn't that Becker's is SO SPECIAL that will blow your socks off.
No, it's a combination of all the little things that help in making the mountain experience enjoyable. It is charming, comfortable, and clean, well-run, in a pretty location, has a dining room on site (is 5 minutes away from Jasper townsite), and makes you feel right "at home".
I would say that it has some sort of accommodation "charisma" that is difficult if not impossible to define.
Old Apr 19th, 2004, 04:39 AM
Original Poster

Looks like BECKERS is the winner. I have read some additional threads. As for the cabin to book.......any suggestions there? Would you say the deluxe is the way to go? Your feedback is appreciated!
Old Apr 19th, 2004, 07:33 AM

How can anybody say which one is the absolute best without having sampled 4 or 5 places in Jasper. For example has anybody tried Patricia Lake Bungalows, Beckers, Jasper House Bungalows, Alpine Village, AND Sunwapta Falls Resort all in the time frame of 4 years so that comparisons are relatively timely?
I haven't.
I don't disagree that Becker's is a nice place, but I do question the framework of comparison that elevates it to sainthood among all contemporaries.

I do know this much. If you go up there determined to pick the place apart, you might as well not go because you will find something to carp about.

The people who run Beckers are good folks, and I for one think their attention to detail is THE intangible that makes it special.

Old Apr 19th, 2004, 09:48 AM

I made my reservation with Becker's before this thread started.

Based on what I've read, I expect to have no regrets.
Old Apr 20th, 2004, 07:10 PM

A satisfied customer is what makes Becker's so special. People want feedback based on others' experiences. If a number of people have had good experiences at a place, then why not say so? There's no hidden agenda here or exaggeration.