Go Back  Fodor's Travel Talk Forums > Destinations > Canada
Reload this Page >

What is your Favorite Montreal Restaurant?

Search

Search this Thread

Old Sep 24th, 2002, 03:53 PM
Foodie

<BR>Thank you

Old Sep 24th, 2002, 06:26 PM
Daniel Williams

I love too many Montreal restaurants to narrow it down to just one. I do have favorites within certain genres and price ranges however. The restaurants I list are all what I'd call moderately priced.<BR><BR>For brunch, I simply adore:<BR>Vaudeville, corner Bernard-Parc<BR>le Petit-Alep, Jean Talon Market<BR><BR>For Italian, give me:<BR>Piccolo diAvolo, Ste. Catherine St. E., Gay Village<BR><BR><BR>Sushi:<BR>Wakomono, Ave. Mont-Royal E.<BR>Obento, rue Guy below Ste. Catherine<BR><BR>Indian:<BR><BR>Ganges, around 6000 Sherbrooke Ouest<BR><BR>Vietnamese:<BR><BR>Pho Lien, corner Cote des Neiges and Cote Ste Catherine<BR><BR>Ethiopian:<BR><BR>Messob d'Or, Monkland, several blocks west of Villa Maria metro. I wasn't all that impressed the first time I went (5 years ago), but it's really gone uphill the past few times I've been.<BR><BR>This is not a definitive list and my opinions are subject to change . <BR><BR>Cheers DAN<BR><BR>

Old Sep 25th, 2002, 04:45 AM
Foodie

EXCELLENT!Dan! Thank you!<BR><BR><BR><BR><BR>more! more! please.

Old Sep 25th, 2002, 07:30 AM
Jake

Italian: Tre Marie<BR>French: Remparts<BR>Chinese: Chrysantheme<BR>Greek: Vegera<BR>Jazz: Modavie<BR>

Old Sep 25th, 2002, 10:58 AM
kate

Toque-rue St Denis<BR>Zen-in the Omni -rue Sherborrke<BR>Cafe Ferriera-Portugese seafood-rue Peel<BR>L'Express-rue St Denis<BR>room service at the HOtel Le Germain

Old Sep 26th, 2002, 06:08 AM
Louis

Steak - Frites: L'entrec&ocirc;te Saint-Jean (Peel & De Maisonneuve)<BR>French Bistro: Le Petit Extra (Ontario & Papineau)<BR>Chinese: Tchang Kiang (Sherbrooke W. - NDG)<BR>Sushi: Tokyo (rue St-Paul)<BR>Qu&eacute;b&eacute;cois: Taverne Magnan (Charlevoix & St-Patrick)<BR>Italian: Gusto (Notre-Dame & Aqueduc)<BR>Espresso: Caf&eacute; Griffintown (also Notre-Dame & Aqueduc)<BR><BR><BR><BR><BR><BR>

Old Sep 26th, 2002, 07:37 AM
zootsi

Great thread!<BR><BR>Le Jardin de Panos - byob Greek<BR>Hosteria Romana - Italian<BR>Au Petit Extra - French<BR>Nil Bleu - Etheopian<BR>Cafe Cherrier - bistro<BR>Bazou - eclectic byob<BR>Le Commensal - veggie cafeteria

Old Sep 26th, 2002, 11:29 AM
george

marhantte frog-cambodian<BR>st. dennise-algerian vegan<BR>sur le temptstoi-fast deli<BR>la tollieux-emphasis on herb salads<BR>calm waters-groups sandwich platters<BR>le qualmty-leans meats, specialty<BR>hotel de longe-diningroom tea and cheese

Old Sep 26th, 2002, 01:47 PM
Foodie

WOW! this is GREAT!<BR>I am making my list!!<BR>Today the concierge in the hotel we will be going to named some places, what if anything, do you think of these places?<BR>Auberge St Gabrielle<BR>Bicci<BR>and Caprice something that meant Capricious Nicolas<BR><BR> Thank you thank you thank you!

Old Sep 26th, 2002, 05:12 PM
x

http://www.bar-resto.com/ferreira.htm

Old Sep 27th, 2002, 06:05 AM
gerta

Hate to tell you but Marhantee Frog close up last weekend. Something about some missing dogs.

Old Sep 27th, 2002, 06:34 AM
ick

Oh Gawd, gerta, tell me you are joking about the dogs!!!<BR><BR>

Old Sep 27th, 2002, 06:46 AM
gerta

saving grace, the algerian place is right across the alley, but thankfully its vegan, and dog lover or no, at least that damned incessant howling, yipping has ceased.

Old Sep 28th, 2002, 11:55 AM
Leslie

For Italian food, Ristorante Lombardie on Duluth near St. Denis. Prices are very reasonable, and there is a fixed price menu also. Bring your own bottle, there's a liquor store across the street. Try the fried cheesecake for dessert.<BR><BR>For a continental cuisine, try Cafe Cherrier at the corner of Rue Cherrier and St. Denis. Try the broiled salmon with goat cheese for an entree, and the pate for a starter. Cafe Cherrier has a liquor license.<BR><BR>Credit cards are accepted at both restaurants.

Old Sep 29th, 2002, 03:41 PM
Topper

to the top

Old Oct 8th, 2002, 01:08 PM
zootsi

topper!

Old Oct 8th, 2002, 01:13 PM
topper

Yes! Thank you zootsie!