Weather/length of travel

Search

Weather/length of travel

Search this Thread

Old Mar 10th, 2003, 09:01 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Weather/length of travel

What is the weather like in July? Also, is 7 days too much time to spend in Quebec? I have gotten the impression from travel guides/others that you don't need to spend a lot of time in Quebec, but am not sure. If 7 days is too long, what is the ideal amount of time?
Old Mar 10th, 2003, 09:13 AM

If I were spending 7 days in the area, I would go to Quebec for three-even two days, seeing the waterfall and touring the town. Then I would spend the rest in Montreal.
Old Mar 10th, 2003, 09:14 AM

sorry, forgot the weather, we were there in late July. It is sunny and pretty, can be a little on the humid side. Evenings were comfortable. We had one rainy day in 4.
Old Mar 10th, 2003, 12:10 PM
BAK

Quebec is a province and a city, like New York is both.<BR><BR>If you mean the city, I'd vote with those who say 7 days is too long.<BR><BR>For the province, either take Scarlett's advice, or split it even more, with two days and one night in Quebec City, a night or two in the Eastern Townships between QC and Montreal, two or three nights in Montreal, and maybe a night in the Laurentian Mountains, north of the city.<BR><BR>Montreal in July is very much like New York or Cincinatti, or similar. In US terms, from 70 to 90 during the day, anywhere from perhaps 55 on a chilly night to 65 on a warm night. Bring a sweater for the evenings, but on many nights you can walk around at midnight in short sleeves. (and you will be out at midnight, cuz that's the kind of town Montreal is)<BR><BR>BAK
Old Mar 12th, 2003, 05:20 AM
Original Poster

Thanks all. July it is. It looks like my best bet is to split my time between Quebec City and Montreal.