Weather in Quebec

Apr 27th, 2003, 10:46 AM
Original Poster

Weather in Quebec

Flying to Quebec on Tuesday from NY. Not sure what to pack as far as clothing is concerned. Has spring arrived there yet?
Apr 27th, 2003, 11:42 AM

Hi Elby,

A big welcome to you! Today is very spring like-thank heavens-no more boots. In case it rains just bring an umbrella and because it's still april & the weather could be variable also take a jacket and a sweater but hopefully it should be ok and if you need restaurants etc just post again.
www.theweathernetwork.com
Apr 27th, 2003, 12:22 PM
Original Poster

Hi Patty, Thanks for the weather report. I guess I'll just layer clothes and hope for the best. Any suggestions for budget minded travelers that love good food and wine? We work at a vineyard on Long Island. Our hotel is in Lower Quebec. Also, do we really need to know French? We're a little rusty in that department. Thanks.
Apr 27th, 2003, 06:19 PM

Hi Elby,
Which vineyard? We go out to the Island all the time in the summer..and to the vineyards. Also lately to the North Fork.
We have been to Quebec once for vacation, and every year we visit Montreal. We have never "had" to speak French..although since I like to try to keep what little I know-I use it when I can..which usually draws plenty of laughter! Ah, well, I try
Have fun, it is a lovely city. Kate
Apr 27th, 2003, 07:56 PM

Check www.weather.com (where you get temps in F.) before finalizing your packing. Look at the detail for the first few days to get an idea of the variances (it's much cooler in the morning and at night). Even so, you should plan on a bit warmer outwear, just in case. And, always be prepared for rain.
Apr 28th, 2003, 09:29 AM
Original Poster

Thanks to everyone for their assistance with my packing. I think I'm all set now.
To Kate2 We work at Palmer Vineyard on the North Fork. Hope we see you this summer. Our web site is www.Palmervineyards.com. Thanks again for your help.