Victoria or Whistler?

May 20th, 2001, 03:03 PM
Simone

Victoria or Whistler?

I'll be in Vancouver in July for 4 days, before a cruise. I plan to take a grayline tour either to Victoria (12-13 hours) or to Whistler (about 8hours). Which one should I choose?

May 20th, 2001, 05:14 PM
April

It's hard to say. While I'm not that thrilled with Whistler itself, the scenery on the way is beautiful and is very "west coast." However, the ferry ride through the gulf islands on the way to Victoria is nice too. Being too close to the area I can't tell which a visitor would like best. At this moment I would probably choose Whistler. My husband says he would pick Victoria.

May 25th, 2001, 07:53 PM
Victoria!

Victoria is splendid! You must go to Victoria. Consider the ferry ride (1.5 hours) an attraction. Scenery so nice.

The city is lovely. The inner harbour, shops, high tea at the Empress or elsewhere, are all within walking distance! It is beautiful really! You must go!

May 31st, 2001, 12:25 AM
marilyn

i would pick victoria in a second.
we visited both a couple of years ago and yes whistler is very nice but a little too manufactured for my taste.
victoria; the gardens, the harbour, the people, and the food get my vote. i would love to go back again.

Jun 27th, 2001, 06:24 PM
Jonathan

I would definetly pick Victoria over Whistler because there is a lot more stuff to do there.