Go Back  Fodor's Travel Talk Forums > Destinations > Canada
Reload this Page >

What's the best transportation from Pearson Airport Toronto to Westin Harbour Castle?

What's the best transportation from Pearson Airport Toronto to Westin Harbour Castle?

Jun 27th, 2001, 09:54 AM
pyoung

I will be leaving tomorrow to Toronto with my teenage daughter and arriving at the Pearson Int'l airport. Trying to decide which mode of transportation would be the best: pricewise, safetywise, most efficient, ease in getting. We will be carrying dancing dresses and a suitcase each. A fellow parent has arranged ahead of time a limo service sedan for $45. Are these the same as taxis? Would you advise preordering or just getting right at airport.
I'll be fine....once I get to the hotel....really!

Jun 27th, 2001, 10:05 AM
jp

hi there,

we do have shuttle buses that run to that hotel but they can take a while to go - wait for it to fill up or return from a run etc.

if you're okay with the price i would suggest the limo. There are lime for those outside the airport and they move pretty quickly.

if you want to preoder can you call the company your friend used? otherwise, here's the company my husband always uses
AEROFLEET SERVICES LTD
5945 AIRPORT RD
MISSISSAUGA, ON
L4V 1R9
(905)678-7077

Jun 27th, 2001, 10:47 AM
ron

It it doesn't really matter whether you take the limo or a taxi and there is no need to pre-book. When I was last in Toronto airport, the taxi queue was empty but there were limos waiting in the limo queue. The limo to Markham was $3 more expensive than a taxi would have been. The limos are nicer vehicles.

Jun 27th, 2001, 06:21 PM
lou

I would recommend taking a limo. The difference in price is negligible, and the comfort and extra space is well worth it.

Jun 27th, 2001, 06:58 PM
pyoung

Then limo it is. Someone said to just pick up in transportation loading zone in front of airport....any special limo service to look for or companies you would NOT use?
Thanks...getting exciting about visiting TO.