Victoria in October ??

Search

Victoria in October ??

Search this Thread

Old Aug 5th, 2007, 10:43 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Victoria in October ??

I'm wondering if I should plan a trip to Victoria in early October. How is the weather? I have heard a lot about Butchart Gardens. What do they look like in October? If I go should I plan 1 or 2 days in Victoria?
Old Aug 5th, 2007, 11:53 AM

Fall foliage can be nice in early October. I would try for very early October or late September. At Butchart's the Japanese garden should be especially colourful. Weather could be anything - rainy, sunny, chilly, windy, calm. I would at least prepare for rain and wind.

One or two days depends on you, where you are coming from / going to, how you are travelling and if you have a deadline to meet.
Old Aug 5th, 2007, 01:26 PM

I walked the Royal Victoria half marathon last year in early October. Every day up to and after the day of the marathon was beautiful--clear, sunny and warm, for October. But the day of the race itself it rained, pretty much a steady rain all day. So that's about what you can expect--maybe some sun, maybe some rain, or maybe both ;-).

I think an overnight in Victoria is sufficient to see the main sights but 2 nights is great especially if you want to see a bit of the surrounding area (such as Sooke and the west coast beaches north of there).
Old Aug 5th, 2007, 09:49 PM

Having lived here for the last 25 years, I predict tomorrows weather to be...... Ha Ha Ha.

Butchart is a year round garden. They know what they are doing. There are fall flowering plants.

How long to stay? Well, I could tell you that there is a 1,500 square foot starter house a block away for only $520,000. A bargain in this hood.
Old Aug 7th, 2007, 06:14 AM

I visited my parents in Victoria in the fall and it was absolutely gorgeous. That is one reason they chose that area, it sits in a unique area and gets the best of everything. Enjoy !
Old Aug 7th, 2007, 08:20 PM

It shouldn't be that cold, but could be rainy.