Victoria - Butchart Gardens - Transportation after fireworks

Search

Search this Thread

Old Jul 4th, 2013, 07:01 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I am going to Butchart gardens in victoria for the Saturday night fireworks ... how do you get back to victoria after the fireworks on public transportation? Is it even possible. Thanks.
Old Jul 5th, 2013, 06:10 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I take it you are getting a ride there that won't be available for the return? While I have not ever done that, I am thinking public transportation is available. Check these out:

http://www.butchartgardens.com/visit/location

"From Victoria, travelers can take public transit to The Gardens via Route 75. Dedicated shuttle buses are also available through CVS Cruise Victoria. The Peninsula Attractions Shuttle is a FREE hop-on, hop-off shuttle service running from June 29th to September 3rd. The Shuttle picks up passengers at BC & Washington State Ferries in Sidney on selected schedules and The Butchart Gardens serves as the hub connecting to many of the attractions on the peninsula."

http://www.tripadvisor.com/Travel-g1...t.Gardens.html

"City Bus/Public Transportation
The #75 bus will take you to the Butchart Gardens. This is definitely the cheapest and the most time consuming way to get to the gardens. If you're looking for adventure or a unique experience, this might be the choice for you. At times during the day, the #75 departs from a number of stops along Douglas Street downtown. Otherwise, the #75 departs from the Royal Oak Exchange. To get to The Gardens from downtown when the #75 is not direct, hop on the #30 or #31 bus - these routes end at the Royal Oak Exchange. Let the driver know that you are going to Butchart Gardens, and they will direct you to the stop for bus #75. The cost is $2.50 each way. The BC Transit website has schedule information. Extra express busses are on hand after Saturday fireworks that will whisk you to downtown Victoria. Be sure and get a schedule from the Tourist Information Cenre across from the Empress. The bus takes about 60 minutes.

Bus Shuttles
Cruise Victoria offer daily departures to and from Butchart Gardens on their Butchart Gardens Express for an adult return fare of $54.25 (+tax). This fare includes admission to Butchart Gardens. They also run a cruise ship shuttle from the cruise ship pier at Ogden Point to downtown. The downtown bus stop is at the same place as the shuttle to Butchart. Select hotel pickups are available. An optional Butterfly Gardens admission is available.

Gray Line Victoria offer daily departures between downtown Victoria and Butchart Gardens on their Butchart Gardens Express, for an adult return fare of $56 (+tax). This fare includes admission to Butchart Gardens. They also include a Coho Ferry pickup from the ferry terminal on the Inner Harbour with no transfer needed to another coach."