Victoria?

May 8th, 2001, 09:03 AM
nyguy

Victoria?

I will be in Seattle for basically 2 1/2 days in a few weeks and was wondering if people thought it would be worth it to take the Victoria Clipper to Victoria for the day? HAve been to Seattle before so thought a side trip to Victoria might be fun..suggestions?

May 8th, 2001, 10:15 AM
Gary

Of course as day trip to Victorias would be very worthwhile. It is totally unlike Seattle or even Vancouver which is, in my opinion, much more beautiful and interesting than it's southern counterpart. You could fill a twelve hour day trip to victoria with enough to make you want to come back for more. Try Vancouver as well although Vancouver takes more than a day to get to really feel it.

May 8th, 2001, 11:20 AM
NYguy

Anyone have any experience with taking the seaplane from Lake Union to Victoria for the day? Pros or cons?

May 8th, 2001, 11:52 AM
Lisa

Our experience was a little different than what you are asking about. wW were in Vancouver and took a guided tour including a ferry to Victoria for the day. so while I cannot comment on the sea plane, I can say that I feel that a day trip to Victoria was a highlight of our trip.

I would definitely recommend Victoria, even if it is only 1 day.

May 8th, 2001, 05:42 PM
April

I haven't taken that seaplane trip but the one between Victoria and Vancouver. It's a quick, beautiful trip and best of all, you're dropped off right in downtown Victoria. Less gut-wrenching than the Clipper can be from what I hear. I would only have second thoughts on a really windy day.

May 9th, 2001, 12:27 AM
Robyn

nyguy,

I discovered a really good travelogue a few minutes ago - it's about a couple's few days in Seattle, Victoria and Vancouver. I'm sure it might give you an idea of the cities Hope this helps!

http://www.wallace.net/travel/Canada/

May 10th, 2001, 12:59 PM
NYguy

So..has anyone actually taken the seaplane from Seattle to Victoria for a daytrip..still torn between this and the Clipper.