Reload this Page >

Halifax / Cape Breton Info

Search

Search this Thread

Old Apr 4th, 2001, 08:09 AM
Eileen

Hi, I'm attending a family reunion in St. John's Nfld in July and spending a few days before that in Halifax (arr Sat lunchtime, depart Wed lunchtime). I was planning to head to Cape Breton Island on Sunday to spend Sun & Mon nights there ... any recommendation for a "deluxe / luxury" inn / resort on the lake ? thanks

Old Apr 5th, 2001, 05:58 AM
Island Girl

I assume you mean the Bras D'Or lakes when you say "on the lake"? I don't have any suggestions there, but the Keltic Lodge on the Cabot Trail is definitely the best luxury accommodation. Enjoy!

Old Apr 6th, 2001, 10:22 AM
Adele

Agree with Keltic Lodge as one of the best places to stay. Food, accomodations, atmosphere all very good. I believe they have a pool and the scenery is to die for. Once there, you can venture out for the day and return to a nice dinner, etc. Reservations go fast especially in the summer.

Old May 10th, 2001, 03:17 PM
Sue

So where is the Keltic Lodge and how do I make reservations?

Old May 11th, 2001, 07:27 AM
Island Girl

Here's the info from my NS Visitor's Guide: <BR> <BR>Keltic Lodge, Middle Head Peninsula, Ingonish Beach, NS, B0C 1L0, phone: 1-800-565-0444 or email: [email protected]. The website given is: www.signatureresorts.com.