Vancouver-Westin Bayshore

Search

Search this Thread

Old Oct 29th, 2004, 04:41 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I just found out today (Friday) that we are going to Vancouver on Monday! Have never been, husband will be in a conference the whole time so I will sightsee alone. Is the Westin in a convenient location? I don't know anything about Vancouver, what is everybody's favorite activity there? What is the best art museum? We will have 3 full days. I will get a guidebook this weekend to cram!
Old Oct 29th, 2004, 05:58 PM

Are you staying at the Bayshore? If so, lucky you. Every time I try to stay there, it is booked up. The Bayshore is in a fabulous location, I think - a bit of a walk to the shopping but on the water not far from Stanley Park. I love staying at that end of town. I don't know if there is a better art museum but the main one is rather ho-hum in my opinion.
Old Oct 30th, 2004, 06:32 AM
Original Poster

Thanks for the answer, April. The description of the main art museum in my Frommers wasnt very enthusiastic, so that may be a disappointment. (I always head to a city's biggest art museum first!)

Husband said the Bayshore but maybe thats just where his convention is? MAybe we are staying adjacent to it, I dont know!
Old Oct 30th, 2004, 07:43 AM

We stayed in the Bayshore a few years ago and loved it.

Great waterview.
Old Oct 30th, 2004, 08:22 AM

The Vancouver Art Gallery is worth a visit, if only to see its magnificent collection of paintings by Emily Carr, one of Canada's great artists. You should also try to get out to the Museum of Anthropology at the University of British Columbia with its first class collection of west coast native art and artifacts.