Vancouver Trip

Old Jun 25th, 2001, 04:45 AM
Susie

Vancouver Trip

I'm planning a trip to Vancouver at the beginning of August, and have not yet begun booking hotels are planning my days. I do know I'd like to visit Victoria, Whistler and perhaps Seattle. I would like to stay in nice hotels. Can anyone help me locate nice places? Also any recommendations in terms of how many days to stay at each place?

Old Jun 25th, 2001, 08:30 AM
Gary

How much time are you spending altogether? Vancouver requires a minimum of 3 days, Victoria 2 and Whistler can be seen but not fully experianced in a full day.

Seattle is not my favorite place but it has enough attractions for at least a couple of days. After Vancouver and Victoria it will probably seem outrageously expensive - especially the restaurants but like I said I'm prejudiced.

Old Jun 25th, 2001, 10:17 AM
A.M.

Do you mean nice reasonably priced or nice expensive, hotels?
In Van. I recommend Sutton Place or Hotel Vancouver(exp.) Yhe Blue Horizon or Hotel Georgia (med. priced)
In Whistler, I recommend Chateau Whistler Hotel (exp.) or The Aspens, condo/hotel aspensonblackcomb.com (med.priced)
Hope this helps. A.M.

Old Jun 25th, 2001, 09:16 PM
Steve

If you are taking a ferry (well worth it just for the view) from Washington to Victoria, you might consider a night or two stopover at one of the San Juan Islands. Orcas is my favorite. There are some nice inns on the islands, but the bed and breakfasts are fantastic.

Old Jun 25th, 2001, 10:07 PM
xxx

Seattle is one of my favorite cities to visit, so I'd definitely recommend a stop there for a few days. I actually made a similar visit earlier this month. We spent a week split between Victoria and Vancouver and then 3 days in Seattle. I stayed in time shares while in Canada, so I can't help much on that aspect.