Holiday Inn Vancouver Downtown

Search

Search this Thread

Old Feb 28th, 2005, 07:56 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I just booked a one bedroom suite at the Holiday Inn Downtown Vancouver (at Howe and Granville). Is this a good hotel in a good area? I am 21, going on the trip with my boyfriend. I just want to make sure it's not in a bad area or known to be a bad hotel. Thanks for your help!
Old Mar 1st, 2005, 08:00 AM

The area is not 'bad' but it is not great either. There are a lot of three star hotels, (Ramada, Marriott, Best Western, Travelodge, etc.) in the immediate vicinity so it's definately a tourist freindly area but it is next to lower Granville street with a lot of bars and clubs and strip joints.

On the other hand you'll be within walking distance of the Granville Island Water Taxis and the main downtown shopping areas. there are also a lot of good to very good restaurants within a couple of blocks.

You could do worse and if you get a good rate I would not worry too much about the negative aspects of the area.
Old Mar 1st, 2005, 08:02 AM

I think it's fine. It's in a good area for exploring the city and is a good choice for a moderately priced hotel. It is not in a bad area although not in a particulary scenic area (but Vancouver is so scenic anyway that you'll certainly get your fill of mountains and ocean wherever you stay).
Old Mar 3rd, 2005, 07:49 PM
Original Poster

Thank you both! I have since cancelled our room and we have decided to really read people's responses on this site. We have booked a room in the Westin Bayshore - supposedly very nice. Thank you both for helping us with our decision!
Old Mar 4th, 2005, 03:32 PM

You've made a good decision although I'm sure the cost at the Bayshore is significantly more than the Holiday Inn. If not you've made a great decision because in fact there's really a world of diferance in the quality and location between the two.