Vancouver Itinerary Suggestions

Aug 4th, 2004, 10:15 AM
Original Poster

Vancouver Itinerary Suggestions

My husband and I will be going to Seattle and Vancouver for 3.5 days each at the end of the month and wanted some suggestions for what to see/do in those 3.5 days in Vancouver. I have already read some guidebooks and searched for info on this board, so I already have some ideas for what to do, including the usual suspects (Stanley Park, Granville Island, etc.), Capilano Bridge (or maybe the Lynn Park bridge), and the Pacific Northwest Exhibition for fun. We don't have enough time to leave the area, so I'm just looking for Vancouver-area suggestions. Thanks in advance!
Aug 4th, 2004, 12:30 PM

We bought a 2-day pass to hop on and off a double decker tour bus. I think it was around $20 pp.

Took you to all the usual sites and every half hour you could catch another bus. On the 3rd day go to Grouse or Capilano (we couldn't as it rained on the 3rd)but we enjoyed the city.
Aug 4th, 2004, 01:13 PM

The Museum of Anthropology at the University of British Columbia, which depicts the lifestyle of the First Nations people of the west coast, is very interesting.
Aug 4th, 2004, 05:33 PM

Storyeum in Gastown. An interactive theatrical history of BC, involving elevators and below-ground displays. Just opened this summer and getting great reviews.
Aug 4th, 2004, 08:42 PM

We thoroughly enjoyed "CSI: British Columbia, Crime Scene Improvization" and "Number 14," both comedy plays on Granville Island. We got half price tickets for one in the free weekly entertainment mag, and for the other at the tourist information center at Canada Place.
Aug 16th, 2004, 08:53 PM
Original Poster

Thanks for the suggestions! I have another question: Is it possible to fit a day in Victoria into this trip? My husband is interested in going there, but I'm more reluctant since I want to see Vancouver in a relaxed, not frantic, manner. Any thoughts?
Aug 16th, 2004, 10:24 PM

You could manage a day in Victoria but you'ld be missing out on some of Vancouver. Frankly I'ld take the time for Victoria off Seattle which is for all intents and purposes a very nice, scenic but ultimately a very typically American big city. Vancouver and even Victoria are refreshingly different - Vancouver being much, much more cosmopolitan than Seattle and Victoria being a charming and quaint change from either one.
Aug 16th, 2004, 11:51 PM

I agree with GaryA all around.

The trouble with rushing through two places is that you might not get a sense of either. Does your husband just want to see what Victoria looks like, or is there anything in particular he'd like to see? You could probably 'wing it' and, if you feel that you have the time (and have the money), hop on a float plane which will quickly get you to downtown Victoria.