vancouver hotel for single female

Jun 25th, 2006, 12:03 PM
Original Poster

vancouver hotel for single female

Hi

I'm going to Vancouver from Jul 5-7 and I'm looking for some hotel recommendations. I'm young and I will be by myself, so I'd like some place that is safe, but close to nightlife. I can spend USD$100-200.

Thanks!
Jun 25th, 2006, 12:21 PM

A comfortable hotel is the Vancouver Listel Top rated by consumers www.listel-vancouver.com well located has a jazz bar
Jun 25th, 2006, 04:15 PM

Keeping in mind "applicable taxes" in Vancouver means 17% over the posted rate (7% federal tax, 10% provincial tax) and the weakness of the exchange rate for U.S. visitors, you're looking for a posted rate of no more than CAD$155 per night. That won't get you much in Vancouver in July.

The Listel Vancouver is certainly a nice hotel, but I'd say it's closer to (Robson Street) shopping than to much in the way of nightlife, and it will likely exceed your budget anyway.

The Rosedale on Robson (on the edge of Yaletown at Robson and Hamilton) is a candidate. So is the dull but well-located Sandman Hotel Downtown at West Georgia and Cambie. Similar to the last property is the Century Plaza at Burrard and Nelson.
Jun 25th, 2006, 04:21 PM

Sorry, did my math backwards. You have up to CAD$190 per night to work with. That should definitely put you into a place like the Rosedale.
Jun 28th, 2006, 08:58 AM
Original Poster

Thanks for your advice!
Jun 28th, 2006, 06:13 PM

Ald87, if your plans are FIRM, you would do very well using Priceline.com for

DOWNTOWN VANCOUVER
4-STAR establishments

Vancouver is a very safe city to walk around in by all U.S. standards and the finer hotels are typically positioned just a short hop away from Gastown or Granville Street.

If you're not familiar with Priceline.com then go to www.biddingfortravel.com to read up on bidding strategies to employ.

You'll be fine most anywhere in a downtown Vancouver 4-star hotel and can expect to land one on Priceline for $100-120 per night at this time of year (maybe less).

Jun 29th, 2006, 06:53 AM

Sorry, but I do not agree with the statement made that Vancouver is very safe. There are certain area's you should definately stay away from, especially at night. It is very easy to end up on the 'wrong street' in the downtown core. Have a safe trip ! www.chilliwackbedandbreakfast.com

Jun 29th, 2006, 07:37 PM

Perhaps you didn't read the statement:

"Vancouver is a very safe city to walk around in by all U.S. standards"

(how could you possibly dispute that?)

God, there has never been a time when I would be afraid to walk Hastings and Main at 3:00am with $100 bills hanging out of all pockets. And THAT is said to be "one of the worst neighborhoods in Canada" ???