vancouver attractions

Old Feb 23rd, 2002, 01:19 AM
lynn

vancouver attractions

we are going sept 9th (pre-cruise stay. we have four days, wish it was longer. Our main plans are C.suspension bridge, grouse mountain and a trip to V. Island. we are based in Rossellen Suites at Stanley. How are we situated for getting to these destinations? also, has anyone taken the seafloat plane followed by dinner? is it worth doing?
will the island be a full day trip? whats the best way to do it? Thanks in advance.

Old Feb 23rd, 2002, 08:04 PM
A. Vancouverite

1-Forget the C Suspension Bridge-a tourist trap of the shittiest/coarsest variety-try to find your way to Lynn Canyon instead-ditto the Steam Clock.

Trip to Vancouver Island-VI is a massive place-6oo miles long, 200 miles wide-a day trip it ain't unless you mean a quick gander at the flesh pots (!) of Victoria (I mean more Tourist Traps).

A float plane risde is a great idea but forget any package dinner ideas-just slop on order.

Try www.crestaurant.com for fine dining in Vancouver/www.tojos.com if you like Japanese

Old Feb 23rd, 2002, 09:18 PM
April

Why not just take the float plane to Victoria? You could fly to Tofino too but it's awfully expensive and then you'd probably want a car. Victoria is compact so you don't need a car unless you want to visit Butchart Gardens which can be reached by bus (city bus is much cheaper than a tour). The Royal BC Museum, close to the float plane docks is worth visiting. It's hard to say what will be going on in September but right now the legislature lawns have protesters' tents pitched on them.

Alternatively, you could take the bus across on the ferry one way and the floatplane back.

Or you could skip the island, rent a car and go for a drive through Stanley Park to beautiful West Vancouver and along Howe Sound. You might enjoy Granville Island as well.

Old Feb 28th, 2002, 02:22 PM
Wendy

I also suggest skipping the suspension bridge. I went there last year and it was truely a waste of time. Grouse Mountain is beautiful and Vancouver Island is too. It is definately a full day trip. You could stay there for a whole weekend!

Old Mar 22nd, 2002, 03:41 PM
Lori

As a Vancouverite, I would recommend you take the float plane from downtown Vancouver to downtown Victoria (30 minute flight), approximately $200CDN return per person. That way you can enjoy a day in Victoria. Alternatively, it is about a 4 hour drive/ferry ride each way, which makes for a grueling day trip.

By the way, the Rosellen Suites are very nice, and are located in a very nice part of Vancouver, very close to Stanley Park and the seawall. I would also recommend that you walk along the seawall and take the little mini-ferry that runs between the Aquatic Centre & Granville Island, which is definitely a must-see attraction ($2 each way, 5 minute ride).