Reload this Page >

Vancouver accommodations

Search

Vancouver accommodations

Search this Thread

Old May 30th, 2001, 12:26 PM
Debby Eisel

Vancouver accommodations

I'm looking for an interesting place to stay in Vancouver in mid October. Looking for midpriced, lots of local color, charming and waterfront, if possible. Any suggestions?

Old May 31st, 2001, 12:29 PM
gary

Days Inn Downtown is in a restored 1914 Heritage building about a block from the Cruise ship terminal. In October you should be able to get a decent room for about $100. Yould be within a few blocks of Gastown, the Pacific Centre and a few more of Stanley Park and Robson Street. I beleive they include breakfast and give CAA/AAA discounts. <BR>The actual area is the heart of the Financial District.

Old May 31st, 2001, 12:53 PM
Marilyn Rice Davies

Another suggestion is the Sylvia Hotel on English Bay. I don't know if Agatha Christie stayed there,but she should have. <BR>Mandy

Old Jun 1st, 2001, 06:42 AM
Gary

On reflection the Sylvia is perfect if not as centrally located.

Old Jun 5th, 2001, 07:32 AM
Paige

We have a room booked at Hawthorne Suites on Robson. Is this a good location for walking? Anyone stayed in this Hotel?

Old Jun 5th, 2001, 11:07 AM
Robyn

I haven't stayed there as I live here, but anywhere on Robson is the perfect place for walking.