travel to new brunswick

Search

travel to new brunswick

Search this Thread

Old Aug 8th, 2004, 07:27 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
travel to new brunswick

We are traveling to new brunswick soon. any suggestions on fun things to see and do? We enjoy beautiful scenery. jp
Old Aug 9th, 2004, 03:39 AM

If you're a history buff, you might enjoy visiting the FDR retreat on Campbello Island which is located in the SE corner of the provience. Grand Manan Island is just a short ferry ride away and provides an out of the way retreat away from the maddening crowds. If heading to St John, you should plan on spending an entire day in the area so that you can see the change in the currents at Reversing Falls. Continue on up to Fundy National Park for an appreciation of the Fundy tides.
Old Aug 9th, 2004, 03:46 AM

Oops, Reversing Falls is located in Saint John NB..... sorry, guess I'm not awake yet!
Old Aug 9th, 2004, 05:21 AM
Syv

I second the Fundy tides / Hopewell Rocks.
Old Aug 10th, 2004, 12:58 PM

Fundy National Park has interesting scenery - both woodland and along the Fundy coast. The local community of Alma has accomodation and restaurants.

Kouchibouguac National Park along the Northumberland Strait has wonderful sand beaches and sand dunes as well as warm water for swimming.

My favourite place in New Brunswick, however, is Grand Manan Island. You do need to plan ahead a bit for Grand Manan. You pretty much need to make reservations ahead of time for lodging. Grand Manan is a bit busier than it used to be but still has a friendly relaxed feeling. It features good hiking trails , pretty fishing villages, cliffs, beaches,woodlands and some scenic lighthouses. It is a superb place to go whale watching in August - one of the best in Canada- with several species including the rare northern right whale. You will certainly experience the amazing Fundy tides here as well.

Hope this helps a bit.

Jerry