Go Back  Fodor's Travel Talk Forums > Destinations > Canada
Reload this Page >

Transportation from Montreal to Quebec City?

Search

Search this Thread

Old May 8th, 2001, 07:17 AM
Anne

We are flying in and our of Montreal, but plan to spend a few days in Quebec City in July. What is the most practical and econimical way to make the round-trip commute? Via train, bus or should we rent a car and deal with the hassles of parking? <BR>THANK YOU !!

Old May 10th, 2001, 10:21 AM
Karen

When I visited there not too long ago I traveled by train from Montreal to Quebec city. I believe that the train station is right downtown. The ticket was very affordable. Once I arrived, I took a quick cab ride to get inside the walls. I stayed at the Chateau Frontenac which I highly recommend! By the way, dont forget to take the funiculaire (sp?) down the hill for good views and shopping

Old May 10th, 2001, 11:07 AM
Anne

Thank you very much!

Old May 10th, 2001, 11:07 AM
Anne

Thank you very much!

Old May 10th, 2001, 12:37 PM
elaine

I second Karen's suggestion to take the train. ViaRail puts Amtrak to shame (in my opinion) - trains run 'on time', are very clean and comfortable. We took ViaRail round-trip last summer - Montreal/Quebec City. As our flights are in/out of Montreal, we will take train again this summer, too.

Old May 10th, 2001, 02:19 PM
jhm

How much does the train cost from Montreal to Quebec City, and how often does it run between them? Also, I think it takes something like 3 hrs -- am I wrong? Thanks.

Old May 10th, 2001, 07:32 PM
elaine

Check Via Rail website - I think there are 3 trains daily Montreal/QC - trip takes 3 hours and price per adult is $74 (CD). <BR>I had a local US travel agency order our tickets last summer and will do the same again this year.

Old May 11th, 2001, 07:19 AM
Anne

Thanks a lot!

Old Jun 28th, 2001, 08:16 AM
Jonatahn

There is a high-speed boat called a hydrofoil that takes you from Montreal to Quebec and vice-versa. The Company is called Les Dauphins du St. Laurent. There website is www.dauphins.ca