Toronto Restaurant Recommendations

Old Oct 5th, 2007, 08:22 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Toronto Restaurant Recommendations

Hi...I'm heading to Toronto next week. Does anyone have any recommendations for good restaurants? I'm up for anything.I can go into a fancy restaurant or just a hole in the wall. My favorite types of food are Japanese, Chinese and Vietnamese, so if you have recommendations for those cuisines, I'd greatly appreciate it!

Thanks in advance!
Old Oct 5th, 2007, 02:37 PM

Try The Dumpling House at 328 Spadina, in the heart of Chinatown. I'm usually a fussy eater, and this place was great.

Here is a post from about a year ago, from someone else who loved it.

There is a dumpling place that is just fabulous on Spadina. It's right across from where D'Arcy street intersects Spadina and it is called, "The Dumpling House". Their egg-drop soup was huge... A small bowl -- well, it is actually a serving bowl, served three of us nicely as an appetizer. We also ordered 12 steamed pork and cabbage dumplings and 12 pan-fried pork dumplings. With a good tip, this meal fed three hungry people quite nicely - total cost $14.45 Canadian, and to this we added a good tip. The service was absolutely splendid! I highly recommend this restaurant! I will be eating there on my next trip to Toronto, which I would like to be very soon.

FYI... the pan-fried dumplings and egg drop soup were the better than the steamed dumplings; however, that is only my opinion. There was nothing wrong with the steamed dumplings - it's just that the other items we ordered were so very good.
Old Oct 6th, 2007, 08:35 AM

How about here at Rain? It is unique and very interesting not to mention Asian.http://www.rainrestaurant.ca/
Old Oct 6th, 2007, 08:40 AM

Oh, and what about Susur and/or Lee? Fantastic.
Old Oct 6th, 2007, 07:08 PM
BAK

Good chicken at Swiss Chalet. There's lots of them in a city of three million people.

BAK
Old Oct 6th, 2007, 09:31 PM
mjs

I was in Toronto last month and ate at one of the best Japanese restaurants I have been to in a long while. It is called Kaji and it is located at 860 Queensway.