Search

Toronto hotels

Search this Thread

Old Mar 22nd, 2005, 12:36 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Toronto hotels

I am heading to Toronto on April 7th to attend an awards ceremony at Ryerson. My fav b&b seems to be booked so I have been looking at hotels and they are very pricy. I am hoping that someone can recommend a very nice, medium range hotel in the downtown area. I have looked at the Days Inn but it doesn't look all that nice, from the outside at least.

I would like to be near an "old ladies" gym, one like Paces where everything is structured and I don't have to think about what I am doing, they tell me what to do.

Can anyone help me out?
Old Mar 22nd, 2005, 12:51 PM

have you thought about giving priceline a try? i got the sheraton centre in downtown toronto (across from city hall on queen street west) for $61 for april 21. you could probably do just as well, if you're willing to take the time to do some research.

have a look at http://www.betterbidding.com/

beyond that, i can say that i stayed at the quality hotel at bloor street west & st. george. it was clean and functional, if nothing to write home about. nice location, right across from the bata shoe museum.

i'm spoiled by priceline though.
Old Mar 22nd, 2005, 12:54 PM
Original Poster

Thanks for the info, I haven't tried priceline but I will look now.
Old Mar 22nd, 2005, 01:41 PM
BAK

The three closest hotels to Ryerson are The Delta Chelsea, the Pantages, and Bond Place.

I was in Bond Place today to pick up a brochure, because I got thinking of decent hotels we forget to mention in this forum, and I was walking by.

So, try there. 1 800 268 9390
http://bondplacehoteltoronto.com/

Assumiong you've been to Ryerson before...

Bond Place is at Bond and Dundas, about a block from the main Ryerson building, on Gould. I don't think you can find a closer hotel.

The Delta is much fancier, and not much further away.

Days Inn is a much longer walk, but by "much longer" I only mean maybe another five minutes. A bit further, but at the low end of the price scale, is the Courtyard Marriott.

And, in another direction but near the low end of the price scale is the Hotel Victoria, a few blocks south on Yonge Street.

Pantages might be higher priced than Victoria and Bond Place, but nicer, and I seem to remember a posting here by a woman who stayed there and really liked the hotel and particularly, the spa. It's just about a block away from the Bond Place and two blocks from Ryerson.

BAK
Old Mar 23rd, 2005, 10:40 AM
Original Poster

Thanks so much, BAK. I will look them up on the internet right now.

Old Mar 23rd, 2005, 03:46 PM
Original Poster

OK, I have booked the Sheraton Gold Floor, they have a cont. bk, but if they are like most Sheratons, it is a full brekkie and happy hour is free.

I got a reasonable deal but not cheap.

Old Mar 23rd, 2005, 04:38 PM
BAK

The Sheraton lobby is under construction, but the hotel seems to be operating just fine.

There's a nice pool there, but I can't help on exercise or health clubs.

I assume you know where it is, relationshop to Ryerson, undetrgorund route through the Bay and Eaton Center and Atrium on Bay, and then a short walk to Ryerson.

BAK
Old Mar 23rd, 2005, 04:51 PM
Original Poster

I should be able to figure out Sheraton to Ryerson, downtown TO isn't all that hard to figure out.

It is supposed to be 2k.