Toronto-Express Bus-Marriott Bloor/Yorkville

Notices

Old Oct 6th, 2004, 05:09 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hello.

I will be taking the express bus from Pearson downtown to the Marriiott Yorkville on Bloor St. Could anyone tell me which of the following stops would be closest to my hotel, please? Also, anyone familiar with the Marriott Yorkville on Bloor St.?

Bus Terminal
Delta Chelsea Inn
Bond Place
Sheraton Centre
Holiday Inn on King
Intercontinental on Front
Royal York
Westin Harbour Centre

Thanks very much.

Ross
Old Oct 6th, 2004, 06:57 AM
BAK

You've got two choices, really.

Your hotel is medium north in downtown, so you could go to the northernmost of those hotels, which is the Delta Chelsea Inn, and grab a cab from there. That's what I'd do.

Or if you had just a little luggage and wanted to take the subway to the hotel, you could get off at The Royal York, walk in the westend door of the hotel, walk through the lower lobby to the other end of the hotel, out the doors there into the underground shopping mall, turn right, and be at the Union Station subway station. Get on the Yonge Strteet northbound train to Bloor Street station, get off, and you are more or less underneath the Marriott Yorkville.

Alternatively, stay on the bus to the Bond Place, and walk across the open square to the Dundas subway station, get on the northbound... (This is a slightly shorter walk, but you spend more time on the bus, so it's a toss-up)
Old Oct 6th, 2004, 07:07 AM
Original Poster

Thanks very much for the info.

Would it be possible to just walk from one of these hotels? I will only have an overnight bag with me.

Ross
Old Oct 6th, 2004, 12:53 PM

Your other option is to take a GO Brampton/Bramalea eastbound commuter bus from Pearson terminals 1 or 2 to York Mills station on the Yonge subway Line ($3.65 fo the bus and $2.25 for the subway fare) Take the southbound subway to Bloor. Exit Bloor street from the closest exit from the subway station and walk left (east) from Yonge. The hotel is about a block from the subway exit.

If you are ariving at terminal 3, you
will need to take a shuttle to terminals 2 or 1.

Check out:
http://www.gotransit.com/publicroot/...p?station=AIRP
and
http://www.toronto.ca/ttc/pdf/subway-rt.pdf
and
http://www.gtaa.com/Index.aspx?Sid=Node2/Node2.2&Tpl=1
Old Oct 6th, 2004, 05:09 PM

Another option if you are not overloaded with stuff is the TTC "Airport Rocket" express bus to the Kipling subway Station then about 25 minutes to your hotel on one train. It's no more difficult than the other options. Cost is $2.25 exact. Go to www.ttc.ca for details. You can get taxi fares from the airport web site: www.GTAA.com
Old Oct 6th, 2004, 05:59 PM

Hi Ross:

You can certainly walk if you don't have a lot of luggage.

If you get off at Delta Chelsea Inn located on Gerrard St, You can walk up Yonge St to Bloor. Its about a 15 minute walk or 3 subway stops.
Old Oct 6th, 2004, 06:17 PM
wow

I'm amazed that the Express bus does not go north of Delta Chelsea Inn!
Take a cab fm Delta Chelsea.
Or, call Marriott Yorkville & see if they can suggest a more direct & cost- effective way to get there.
Old Oct 6th, 2004, 06:21 PM
BAK

Are you a genuine New Yorker? Those people are used to walking long urban distances.

I work near the Yorkville Marriott quite often, and my office is almost next to the Holiday Inn on King, and I do the walk from Bloor and Yonge (next to the Marriott) down Yonge Street, past the Chelsea, past the Bond Place and almost past the Holiday Inn quite often. No big deal.

So the Chelsea to Marriott is a reasonable walk, quite interesting, etc. You'll pass another Marriott (The Courtyard) on the way.

Now, about taking the Toronto Transit Commission buses. They are regular city-style buses (much like New York) while the express bus is a big highway cruiser with very comfortable seats. Unless budget is tight, stick with the Express service bus.

Now, about walking vs taking a taxi from the Chelsea. In fact, the walk is fun and interesting, and unless you're tired or in a hurry, it would be better than a cab.

BAK
Old Oct 6th, 2004, 06:44 PM

Depending on the time of day Ross arrives it might take him longer by cab then to walk.
Old Oct 7th, 2004, 04:41 AM
Original Poster

Thanks to all that replied to my posting. Yes, I am a true New Yorker who is accustomed to walking. A fifteen minute walk is fine by me. The only thing is that I will be arriving at night and don't know my way around the city. I have been visiting Canada for the past 20 years and would like to say a big THANK YOU to our neighbors to the north who have ALWAYS shown GREAT kindness and generosity towards me and my fellow Americans.

Ross