Reload this Page >

Toronto 1 day sightseeing

Search

Search this Thread

Old Mar 23rd, 2002, 06:00 AM
Roberta

I am bringing my mom to toronto to see the Lion King (saw it last year w/my husband and loved it). We are arriving on Thurs and will be going to the theatre on Fri. What are suggestions for Th afternoon and Fri afternoon sight seeing? We'll be getting to the Delta Chelsea about 2:00. And Friday at 10:00 am she is going to the hair dresser. She usually needs a nap

Old Mar 23rd, 2002, 04:46 PM
Brian Kilgore

Does she have any shopping to do?<BR><BR>On Thursday, walk down to the Eaton Centre from the Chelsea after you check in, shop for a couple of hours, walk back to the hotel, and it's nap time.<BR><BR>Have dinner, and figure out what to do that evening.<BR><BR>On Friday, walk over to the Art Gallery of Ontario late in the morning, after the hair appointment. Have lunch there in the Agora Restaurant, tour the gallery, and walk back to the hotel, have a nap, go to dinner, and enjoy the show.<BR><BR>Depending on what interst you and your mom, a Thursday afternoon alternative might be a visit ot Harbourfront. It's sort of fun to get there by public transit. Take the subway to Union Station, and then a streetcar from there (the streetcar stop is underground, near the subway train) to harbourfront.<BR><BR>Wander around for a couple of hours, and then take a taxi back to the hotel.<BR><BR>BAK<BR>

Old Mar 24th, 2002, 11:01 AM
Paul Larson

I would suggest taking a ferry to Toronto Islands. The view from the ferry and islands are spectacular. Round trip, taking the same ferry back, is about 30 minutes.

Old Mar 25th, 2002, 06:17 PM
Bonnie

Don't see what time of year you are coming but the Island suggestion would be best in the summer month. You could consider High Tea at the Windsor Arms Hotel followed by a walk around Yorkville/Bloor Street. I like the suggestion of Harbourfront because it has shopping and restaurants by the water. Taking a taxi there and back would be a good idea. Suggest you make a reservation for dinner Thursday night at the Pasta Bar at Scaramouche or the Studio Cafe at the Four Seasons. It's a wonderful trip that you're planning with your Mom.

Old Mar 26th, 2002, 06:45 AM
Roberta

Thanks so much for the suggestions - have any of you had dinner at Verona?