Reload this Page >

Things to do in Toronto in Feb

Search

Search this Thread

Old Jan 3rd, 2002, 06:49 AM
Michelle

There's about 15 of us coming up for a weekend in Toronto in late february. WE'll do Eaton, CN, AGO, Rom, but I'd like some helpful suggestions on the following -shows/ restaurants/ the weather there/bars/ and what is the best way to get to georgetown for a quick excusrion. Thanks so much.

Old Jan 3rd, 2002, 08:10 AM
Stef

A good website for information on shops, restaurants, entertainment and pretty much anything in toronto would be www.toronto.com<BR>This site gives a lot of information...check it out.<BR><BR>For information on what is happening on stage in Toronto, check out www.onstagenow.com<BR>This site gives information on what is happening at 3-4 of Toronto's largest theatres. For example, Cats is playing in Feb and March of 2002.<BR><BR>Check out www.theweathernetwork.com for the latest on weather in Toronto and weather for anywhere in Canada actually.<BR>

Old Jan 3rd, 2002, 09:11 AM
JMM

Weather in Toronto in Feb can be pretty unpredictable. One year my husband was out on his bike in February. Another year he was cross country skiing in a local park. Best advice - check the weather web site given by previous poster a few days before you leave.

Old Jan 3rd, 2002, 10:18 AM
elizabeth

Go Transit is the rail/bus public transit option to Georgetown. Following is a link to their Saturday schedule to Georgetown from Union Station (right downtown - near CN Tower) - if this link doesn't work try www.gotransit.ca<BR><BR>http://www.gotransit.ca/_NewVersion/...*&station=USTN

Old Jan 3rd, 2002, 10:35 AM
Brian Kilgore

We've got so many bars and restaurants it would help if we knew more about your group, including whether all 15 want to go to Georgetown (rent a van for half a dozen)and whether you'll want to stick together for meals.<BR><BR>If you know where you are staying, we can add more info for that particular neighborhood.<BR><BR>There's a speciual dinosaur exhibit at the ROM that should still be there in February. No extra fee, but you need to book times. Easy enough when you are actually there, I think. We saw it last Monday.<BR><BR>Do you want private rooms in the restaurants? One big table or 2-3 smaller ones? Any idea of meal budget? $100 per person, $20 per person?<BR><BR>BAK<BR><BR>

Old Jan 3rd, 2002, 11:05 AM
Nikki

ICE HOCKEY of course!! Infact it was the one reason that my brother and sister inlaw took hubby and me to TO for the first time nearly 3 years ago. Coming from Scotland, I thought it couldnt be that cold...............it took my breath away!!!

Old Jan 4th, 2002, 05:23 AM
Kira

Casual restaurant near CN Tower: Lone Star (serves great fajitas, con queso dip and famous free tortilla chips and salsa).<BR>Elegant lounge near the ROM: 2nd floor at the Hyatt Hotel across the street.<BR>The best afternoon tea near the ROM: Windsor Arms Hotel, about 2 blocks from the ROM.<BR>Great Thai food: Young Thailand: 3 locations in town. Once when I was there, Steven Seagal came in with 2 other people! Moderately priced, moderate service, but the food is fabulous.

Old Jan 14th, 2002, 10:26 AM
Daniele

I wouldn't bother with the AGO, it's a sorry excuse for a big city museum. <BR><BR>Feb is the worst time to be in TO because it is the worst monther weatherwise. That means indoor activities only. There's the Hockey Hall of Fame if you're into that sort of thing. The Science Center, but it's hard to get to from downtown without a car. <BR><BR>Unfortunately, big cities are fairly homogenous these days - you see the same stores at the Eaton Centre that you see at Mall of the Americas - so there is little new and different. Toronto has little history, character or natural setting, which is why it is used in some many movies. It could be anywhere. The best bet is the more interesting neighborhoods like the Beaches or Chinatown, but the weather will make walking around unpleaseant. <BR><BR>