Sunset Inn & Suites in Vancouver

Jun 6th, 2003, 12:00 PM
Romy

Sunset Inn & Suites in Vancouver

Been doing some research and so far the Sunset looks the best, we got the air/hotel package at a great rate and they have fully equipt kitchens. The location looked great as well. Anyone have any experience with the Sunset Inns & Suites in Vancouver? Any help would be appreciated. Thank you!

Romy:0

Jun 6th, 2003, 01:41 PM

Thje Sunset is a converted Apartment block meaning relatively big spacious suites with full kitchens and seperate bedrooms. The location is great for the West End, Stanley Park and the beaches but is about a 20 minute walk to the heart of the downtown core.

The area is one of the most densely populated in North America so you'll find a great variety of restaurants and botiques geared to the locals as much if not more than the tourists. Specially if you're there in July or August the West End is a great place to stay.

Jun 6th, 2003, 02:02 PM
Romy

Thanks Gary,

We'll be there probably 9/30-10/10, are there any views that you know of? Appreciate your help

Romy

Jun 6th, 2003, 04:03 PM

We are also booked to stay at the Sunset in two weeks, for three nights during our western trip. According to CAA/AAA it is rated as a "small scale hotel" two diamonds.

On paper it looks pretty good! We'll let you our findings after we get back, at the end of June.
Jun 6th, 2003, 05:21 PM
Romy

That would be teriffic! I'll be anxious to hear all about it. Have a great time!

Romy

Jun 28th, 2003, 03:19 PM

Hi Romy,

Just got back from Vancouver and have some comments for you regarding Sunset Inn in Vancouver, as promised.

The hotel is 11-story high building with 5 apartments per floor, located on a quiet tree-lined street and off the busy and bustling Davie Street. It's well located in the west end sector of the town, with easy access to all the most common tourists sites i.e. Granville Island, Stanley Park, etc. The front desk staff is very friendly and helpful, especially Steve.

Our apartment consisted of a large living room/dining room with a large patio door/window, overlooking English Bay. It also had a separate fully-equipped kitchen and a completely separate and large-sized bedroom. The bathroom could definitely use some upgrading but functional. Parking was tight but had a security system in place. Complimentary coffee is served in the morning from 8 a.m. to 11 a.m. in the hotel lobby. Overall - definitely good value for your money.

If you have any additional questions, we'll be glad to respond.
Jul 6th, 2003, 10:00 AM
Romy

Thanks Jet29!

I appreciate your comments! It sounds great. We originally booked a studio w/kitchen, balcony, etc. but I think we'll upgrade to the 1bdrm. It is my understanding the views are better with the larger units as they face the water and the studios face the city. I'm glad you enjoyed it and thank you again!
Romy

Jul 12th, 2003, 06:14 PM

We stayed at the Sunset Inn a few years ago and I can highly recommend it! High quality clean rooms, and the location cannot be beaten. With the US $ - CDN $ exchange rate you end up paying about the same at the Sunset as you would at a mid-range hotel in Seattle.

We will be staying there again on our next trip to Vancouver.
Jul 13th, 2003, 07:17 AM
Romy

Thanks Techguy!

Really appreciate the positive feedback and am really looking forward to our trip. Glad you enjoyed the Sunset!

Thanks again!

Romy