Reload this Page >

Suite hotels in Toronto?

Search

Suite hotels in Toronto?

Search this Thread

Old Mar 28th, 2001, 06:22 AM
bennie

Suite hotels in Toronto?

Since everyone has been so helpful with suggestions on restaurants and itinerary I thought I would post a second queston about hotels. We currently have reservations at Delta Chelsea Inn with a very reasonable rate. However, as a family of four we do like to make use of suite style hotels whenever possible. I can only locate an Embassey Suites in Markham which seems too far out for our purposes (but I could be wrong). The Toronto.com site lists places like Delsuites and Bay-Bloor Suites. But are these places suitable for families - the accommodations certainly appear to be but I was wondering more about attitude than facilities. If we stayed in a place like this will my kids get glared at if they splash around a bit in the pool? They are very well behaved but they are still kids.

Old Mar 28th, 2001, 02:22 PM
Brian Kilgore

Embassy Suites in Markharm is in the middle of an industrial / residential neighborhood a million miles from anywhere interesting. <BR> <BR>I've nevber heard of Del Suites. <BR> <BR>Bay-Bloor Suites is in the middle of a central, attraation filled, expensive shopping neighborood, near two bookstores with great children's departments, and a block or so from two museum,s that appeal to children, plus two more adult museums (shoes, ceramics) <BR> <BR>But the Delta is child-friendly, and it is the one I would pick (and used topick when I had little kids and travelled to Toronto) <BR> <BR>BAK

Old Mar 30th, 2001, 08:19 PM
Bonnie

Good for you for uncovering a little-known accomodation secret in Toronto. The Del Suites, if I'm correct, refers to a very large building company that holds suites for long-stay executives in some of their buildings. If those suites are not used they will rent them out. Generally the locations are downtown which is a good thing for visitors. The Bay-Bloor Suites are a place that I personally inspected for some clients that were bringing their family for a trip to T.O. I thought they were great. I looked at different units and naturally loved the ones that had just been renovated. There were 1 & 2 bedroom units with living rooms and kitchens and a pool(it was just an o.k. pool when I saw it) in the basement. Think converted apartment building. You can't beat the location if you want to be in the Bloor Street area. I always prefer an apartment or suite when I travel as opposed to just a hotel room.

Old Mar 30th, 2001, 08:21 PM
Bonnie

I forgot to mention that I think there is a new Marriott Courtyard in T.O. not far from the Chelsea. Also there is the Cambridge Suites which is almost always booked.

Old Apr 7th, 2001, 08:59 AM
karen

Try the Cambridge Suites it has great rooms for a family, microwave for snacks and a fridge. During the week a continental breakfast is included. It is in a very good downtown location. It has a hot tub on the top floor which has a breathtaking view of the city at night, however they do not have a pool. Our kids enjoyed there visit there many times. Karen