Starlight Express

Jul 6th, 2002, 02:02 PM
Theresa

Starlight Express

Does anyone have any experience with this dinner train? Leaves from North Vancover?

Jul 6th, 2002, 03:21 PM
gary

A really great experiance. Go to www.bcrail.com and click onto Pacific Starlight. The extra fee for the Dome Car seating is well worth it and sit on the left , (facing the engine), for the best daylight views.

Jul 6th, 2002, 04:44 PM
Theresa

Thanks Gary, was it too long of a trip? And what generation does this target?

Jul 6th, 2002, 06:26 PM
gary

The trip is definatly not too long. It takes about an hour 15 minutes to Porteau Cove during which time you have dinner and enjoy the magnificent scenery. There's a short stop at the cove for the engine to move from front to back and where they try to sell you souvineers, etc. Then back to North Van with desert and, at this time of year, the sunset. All told less than 3 hours.

Jul 6th, 2002, 06:34 PM
gary

Oh yes - generation targeted. Although it has a certain nostalgic attraction for the older generation I think it's clientale is primarily adults from the 20's up. I recall a number of families as well and I think the kids quite enjoyed the trip. Better than a stuffy restaurant. Also I didn't mention a very important point. The two times I've taken the trip the food was not only very tasty but also very well prepared and presented.