Reload this Page >

Stanley Park, Vancouver

Search

Stanley Park, Vancouver

Search this Thread

Old Dec 21st, 2002, 12:54 PM
Gpaul

Stanley Park, Vancouver

Hola! If one were to spend only 1 day in Vancouver, should it be devoted to Stanley Park? Could we do Stanley Park and some other attraction (Which?) in the same day?<BR>Can you recommend a nice, cheap Hotel which would be very close to Stanley Park and other attractions?<BR>Gracias!

Old Dec 22nd, 2002, 01:39 AM
Robyn

If you had one whole day to spend in Vancouver, this is how I would split it up.<BR><BR>Morning: Go to Granville Island. Look at the Public Market, buy some breakfast, look at the shops and art galleries.<BR><BR>Afternoon: Take the little False Creek Ferry across to downtown Vancouver and walk along the seawall to English Bay. Walk north up Denman Street and have lunch at one of the many restaurants.<BR>Walk to Stanley Park, maybe visit the Vancouver Aquarium (allow for 1 hour minimum), visit the totem poles, and definitely Prospect Point for a wonderful view of the mountains and Lions Gate Bridge. You can definitely do some trail walking... visit Beaver Lake, or the Rhododendron Gardens, or Lost Lagoon. Visit Third Beach or Second Beach at Stanley Park. It's all very pretty and relaxing. Don't just limit yourself to the seawall, as the seawall simply surrounds Stanley Park but does not allow you to experience what's inside!<BR><BR>Early evening: Walk down Robson Street and have dinner at one of downtown Vancouver's many restaurants.<BR><BR>As for a hotel, what is your budget? There are dozens of hotels in downtown Vancouver which are short distances away from the places I mentioned.

Old Dec 22nd, 2002, 04:18 AM
sue

There is a Best Western across the street from Stanley Park, great location at davie and denman.sorry, don't have a tel no. handy but if your interested post a reply and i will let you know.

Old Dec 22nd, 2002, 09:36 PM
G

Hola Sue! Would that be the BW Chateau Granville? If so, how long a drive on a Monday morning to YVR; must at airport by noon. Thank You.

Old Dec 22nd, 2002, 09:47 PM
Gpaul

Hola Robyn! By this reply and others I've read, you must be the official Tour Guide for Vancouver! Would your suggestions be &quot;acceptable&quot; to a typical 4 yr. old boy (son)? In any event, we will probably follow your &quot;Grand Tour&quot;.<BR><BR>Does the little False Creek Ferry depart from Granville?<BR><BR>Our budget is $75-$150CDN/night, and we do not have to be in the park.<BR><BR>Would you recommend staying at some Hotel within walking distance to a SkyTrain stop or Terminal, and using this to get to Granville/Stanley/Robson, etc.? It seems like a cool thing for the kid.<BR><BR>Thank You.

Old Dec 24th, 2002, 03:53 AM
sue

Hi G,<BR>The one i mentioned is the &quot;Best Western Sands&quot; Hotel, on corner of davie and denman, like you wanted, across from stanley park. the one your talking about is further east on granville, more of a central downtown location. the toll free number for the is 1-800-661-7887. web: rpbhotels.com<BR><BR>Let me know if you require any further info. <BR>Sue