Reload this Page >

Things to see in Vancouver

Search

Search this Thread

Old Jun 15th, 2002, 06:14 AM
sarah

Hello there--I am going on business to Vancouver a day early--what are some sights that I should see? What is the vancouver aqaurium like? We are staying at the delta vancouver airport--what is the best way to get around and see the sights? thanks

Old Jun 15th, 2002, 10:04 AM
April

Ever heard of the search function?

Old Jun 15th, 2002, 01:01 PM
sarah

well pardon me..I thought this was a travel info site that provides info like what I asked...not a site to get bitched at. if you want to bitch at people visit a chat room. slag

Old Jun 15th, 2002, 01:49 PM
April

(That other April was not me, by the way.) A few standard sights and activities are Stanley Park, Granville Island, gondola ride up Grouse Mtn., shopping on Robson. Vancouver is very walkable. You can take a little ferry to Granville Island from English Bay, which is also a nice area to walk.<BR><BR>I usually stay right downtown and don't need a car there. (Perhaps your hotel has a shuttle bus to the city centre?) However, if you rented a car you could go for a very scenic drive in West Vancouver or on the upper levels highway and visit a garden like Queen Elizabeth Park. One day doesn't give you much time though. You should probably focus on a couple of areas and have a more relaxing time of it. Vancouver's setting alone is quite spectacular so, say, just visiting Stanley Park and wandering up Robson Street is not a bad way to spend a day.<BR><BR>I haven't been to the aquarium in a long time, so can't help you there.

Old Jun 15th, 2002, 02:11 PM
sarah

april--thank you so much for your advice it all sounds very wonderful! I am leaving in less than an hour so it was very great to get all this info so last minute. <BR>thanks again.<BR>S

Old Jun 15th, 2002, 04:07 PM
April

You're welcome.

Old Jun 15th, 2002, 06:36 PM
not bitching

Sarah:<BR><BR>The answer about the search feature was a little curt but you have to recognize that a number of people ( regulars ) are quite willing to spend a fair degree of their own time helping others and it does get frustrating when people with questions expect others to give of their time but wont takee the time themselves to do a little research. The same question as your is asked almost daily on this board and the answers are ther if you just use search.<BR><BR>As a plea to others, before asking a question on a particular area, please use the search function first.<BR><BR>Thanks in advance

Old Jun 16th, 2002, 07:08 PM
IamBitching

not bitching-<BR>who made you the leader of the band? if someone asks a question,either answer it or don't.no need to put yourself out and instruct others on the way YOU would like this board managed.<BR>search this-anal know it alls.